Fix Canon Printer Error Code U052:
Canon printers are common and widely popular among printer users. With the help of these printers, you can easily access the stored professional database and save the important files in their cloud-ready printers. Also, they offer the quickest and the most premium print results in the market. Alongside its effective, cutting-edge features, it never fails to come up with any technical faults.
However, there are times when you may find Canon printer error code U052 while working. Whenever you get the Canon printer error code U052, it directly means that the printer head is not present or its not working correct.
So, when you receive this error message while installing the printer head, then it might be in the form of a small fault with the head of the printer. Another reasons for the error might be when you install the head of the printer, the installed nut is not working properly or probably not working at all. Such error message can occur with a lot of Canon printer users but you can solve it by reading this article discussed below.
What are the Possible Causes for Canon Printer error code U052?
If you find this error displaying on the printer’s LED screen, then it might be caused due to the following listed factors:
- When the printer head is not properly installed
- The printer head is probably working incorrect
- The old cartridges are damaged
Ways to Fix Canon Printer Error Code U052-
There are different ways to resolve Canon printer error code U052 message. Here we will discuss the solutions one by one.
Getting Canon printer error code U052 while installing the printer head
If you encounter the error message just after installing the printer head, then you can simply follow the given steps:
- Firstly, take off the print head or the top lid of the printer. As you will open the lid of the printer, the cartridge slot will automatically bring up to the middle front of the printer.
- Thereafter, you can remove the printer from the power socket. Further, run the cleaning cycle over the printer head.
- Remove all the ink cartridges from the cartridges slot. This will remove all the black print head along with all the inks.
- Now, slowly start removing the print head. You just have to pull it and printer head will automatically come out.
- Next, you need to perform the basic cleaning cycle over the printer head.
- Now, reinsert the printer head ink cartridge and close the top lid of the printer.
- You can switch on the printer as the reinstallation of the printer head will take place. You can conduct a test print to check Canon printer error code U052 is resolved or not.
Getting Canon printer error code U052 without installing any printhead
- Initially, unplug your printer from the switchboard.
- Next, open the top lid of the printer.
- Then, install the printhead into the sliding rail that is present just beside the cartridges slot.
- Now, install the cartridges slot and ensure that there is no print head installed.
- Do close the top lid of the printer afterwards.
- You can now switch on the printer.
- Perform a test print to check whether Canon Printer Error Code U052 is fixed or not.
Reset the printhead
You can reset the head of the printer using the following steps:
- In first step, ensure that the power of the printer is turned off. You can also open the paper output tray.
- Then, you have to lift the scanning unit or the cover. Try to hold it using scanning unit support. Subsequently, the print head moves to the replacement position.
- Try removing all the ink tanks in the following order.
- Push the tab and remove them slightly.
- While removing, do not touch the ink tank with the Print Head Lock Lever.
- As the head tank is removed, lift the print head lock lever.
- Before moving to next step, check the carriage area and remove the torn paper if any.
- Now, insert the ink tanks inside the print head. Do check that the ink tank perfectly matches to the slot. Thereafter, press the Push mark to set it.
- If the ink lamp glows red, then it is perfectly inserted.
- Lastly, put the cover or the scanning unit back to its original space.
Clean the printhead
Another way to fix Canon printer error code U052 is to clean the printer head whose steps are:
- Take off the print head and ink cartridges gently.
- Now, clean the print head using cotton bud.
- Leave them to dry properly for a duration of 12 minutes.
- Since your printer is cleaned, you can test whether the error occurs or not.
How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code U052?