How to Clean Kodak Printhead?
Fix Kodak Printhead Problems:
Kodak printers are popularly known for awesome printing quality and user-friendly features. Besides unique features, users get irritated when Kodak printer clogged due to technical errors and because of this printing quality also get degraded. So to get back Kodak printer to its functioning, there is need to clean clogged printheads of Kodak printer.
Manually Clean Kodak Printer Printheads -
First of all, turn on your Kodak printer and then open the top cover. After opening top cover, wait for a couple of seconds.
- In the next step, you have to unplug the cord from the back of Kodak printer. Also, remove the cord from the wall. After unplugging cords, turn off your printer as this will help you to keep the print cartridge in an appropriate location.
- Next, you have to lift the printhead latch that houses the print cartridges. After this, you have to pull the printhead out of the slot.
- Take a soft, lint-free cloth and wipe the contact pads on the printhead. Just note down one thing in your mind i.e., there is no need to wipe the nozzles that are present on the bottom of printhead because by doing so can cause serious damage to the printer.
- Now take some distilled, filtered water and dip a cotton cloth in that water. By using that wet cloth, you have to wipe the contact pads again because ink residue can present there.
- Place the printhead gently on a paper towel and make sure that nozzles are not touching paper.
- Move to printhead slot and clean the contact points by using a cotton cloth. Now, wait for 5 minutes so that everything can dry out completely.
- After cleaning everything, its time to plug the power cord back into the wall outlet and another cord into the backside of the printer. At this point of time, the control panel can display “printhead is missing” message.
- Just put the printhead in the appropriate slot and gently press down. Also, confirm that you have placed the printhead at the correct location.
- Now, apply some pressure to close the printhead latch and also confirm that printhead latch is engaged.
- At last, just close the printer cover and now your Kodak printer will initialize the printheads.
Clean Kodak Printer Printheads Using Windows -
- To clean printhead using commands, first, open Control Panel and then choose Printer option.
- After this, press right-click on Kodak printer’s icon and navigate to cleaning tab of the panel.
- Finally, choose the option “Clean printhead”.
What to do if the Printhead is Missing or not Installed Correctly in Kodak Printer?
- Firstly open Kodak printer access door. Now, place the printhead in the carriage and push gently against the printhead’s target label until you hear a loud snap. After this, install black and color ink cartridges.
- If ink cartridges and printhead are already present on your Kodak printer then remove them. After removing ink cartridges, you have to reinstall them. Lift the latch in the center and then remove the existing printhead. After this, close the printer access door.
- Install the print head and ink cartridge that is described in above points.
Hope, you will understand how to clean Kodak printer printheads if they are clogged. To prevent printhead from getting clogged, it is suggested by experts to run printer cleaning cycles on Kodak printer once a week.
Brand: Kodak Printer
Last Update: Feb 19, 2024