My Canon Pixma MX330 printer is not connecting to Mac. Whenever I try to print it tells me the printer is offline, although it isn't. I've removed and added the printer twice, but no avail. Yesterday I was able to print to the wireless printer but not today. Also, restart printer and Mac, but still my system is not finding the printer. What am I missing here please tell me so that my Canon printer gets online and help me to resume printing?
I hope this information will definitely help you to make your Canon printer online on Mac.
Let's have a look at this basic troubleshooting sequence -
First of all, you have to check all cable connections between your Canon printer and Mac. Although it depends on the method through which you have to connect your printer to Mac. Also, confirm none of the cables are loose otherwise your system will not recognize your printer and hence unable to print anything.
1. In order to reset your printing system, you have to tap on Apple menu and then choose “System Preferences”.
Then move to Hardware section and click on “Print & Scan”.
2. In the next step, you have to press a click on Printer list along with Control. Now a menu will pop-up from where you have to tap on “Reset Printing System”.
3. Confirm that your Canon printer is secured attached to your Mac either wirelessly or through the ethernet connection.
4. Next, tap on Apple menu> System Preferences> Print & Scan.
5. Now, you have to choose the “+” symbol and then add your Canon printer to Mac.
6. Choose your printer from the list and then click on Add. Mac OS X will automatically download and install the latest software for your Canon printer.
If these steps didn’t work in your case then please post your query on Canon Support forum and receive best Canon Customer Service directly from Canon Printer Technical Support team.
Note: Follow Printer Support forum for Canon Printer releated problems.