Setup Canon PIXMA MX492 Wireless Printer:
Are you looking for the best procedure to setup Canon MX492 wireless printer? With the help of this guide, you can easily learn Canon MX492 setup on your Windows and Mac system.
Canon printer users usually face this query to setup Canon Pixma MX492 wireless printer or to connect printer over wifi. So, here you go with every required instructions for cableless setup for your printer.
What are the Requirements for Canon MX492 Setup?
To start with the connectivity process, make sure that you have these given requirements:
- Wireless Router
- Desktop computer or Laptop
- Reliable and working internet connection
After you gather the above things, you can proceed with the Canon MX492 setup process.
How to Setup Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Printer?
Prior to beginning with the cableless or wireless connection setup on Windows or Mac laptop, you will have to prepare your printer for the cable-less setup. Here are the instructions below.
Steps to prepare your Pixma MX492 for cableless setup
- Firstly, turn on your printer.
- Press the Setup button present in the menu option at the top.
- Using navigation buttons, select the Wireless LAN Setup option and then press Ok.
- Lastly, select Cable-less Setup and press the Ok button.
Now that you have successfully followed the steps to prepare your printer for the Cableless setup, you can move ahead with Canon MX492 setup for your Windows PC.
Setup Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Printer on Windows OS 10, 8.1, 7, XP
- For connecting your Canon printer to the wifi router, you have to install the printer software into your Windows PC or Laptop device.
- Shut down all the applications before installation.
- Sign in the admin account.
- For software installation, insert the CD in the CD-ROM drive if enabled on your system.
- Now, click on the “Run Msetup4.exe” shown on the autoplay screen.
- Press yes to continue on the User Account Control dialog box.
Optionally, you can download the printer installation wizard online. To do this, below are the steps:
- Visit Canon official website at http://canon.com/ijsetup/.
- Select on the Set-Up option.
- Type the printer model or product name MX492 in the search box at the top and then click the Go button. You can find the printer model in the MX list in the first letter section.
- Next, select a country or region and download the Setup.
- Run the downloaded file and start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- As the file is saved on your computer, double-click on it and follow the onscreen steps.
- Then click “Next” and then on the “Wireless LAN Connection”.
- Choose “Connect via wireless router (recommended)” option and then click on the Next.
- Here, click Cableless Setup and then on the “Yes” option.
- Follow the instructions until you see the Setup Completion dialog box. As it appears, click on the “Complete” button.
- The installation process is now completed. You will find the “Test Print window” on your screen.
- Check the printer’s functionality by inserting a blank paper inside the printer and then click on the Execute option.
- Exit the installation process once the test print is done.
Setup Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Printer on Mac OS X 10.7.5 – 10.13
- Visit the official Canon website at http://canon.com/ijsetup/.
- Here, click the Setup Option and select your printer model by entering “MX492” in the search bar at the top. You may even find the product name in the
- MX list in the first letter section.
- Thereafter, choose a country or region and then click on the “Download” option.
- Once the file is downloaded, double click the downloaded .dmg file.
- Next, double click the “Setup Icon” and click the “Next” option.
- Enter the admin username and password and click the “Install Helper” option.
- Then, click on the “Next” button.
- Choose the printer connection method and choose the “Wireless LAN Connection” option, followed by clicking “Next”.
- Select the wireless LAN connection method and choose the “Connect via wireless router (recommended)” option.
- Here, click the “Cableless Setup” option and again click on the “Next” button.
- Add your printer and choose the “Canon xxx series Canon IJ Network” and click the “Add” button.
- As the setup is completed, click the “Next” button.
- Lastly, click the “Exit” button after the installation completes.
Hope this guide for setup Canon Pixma MX492 wireless printer works for both Windows and Mac PC.