Find Your Printer IP Address:
It is necessary to know your printer’s IP address if you want to connect it to your network or fix any problems. Your printer’s IP address is kind of its street address. Without it, you will not be able to send your printer any print jobs or give it any other commands. Here’s how to Find Printer IP Address.
Techniques To Search Your IP Address. Following are methods to find the IP address:
Method 1:- How To Find Your Printer’s IP Address From Your Router
It is not a concern whether you are using a Mac or a PC, you can find your printer’s IP address by accessing your router.
- Type your router’s local IP address into the address bar of any web browser.
- Enter your username and password.
Your printer’s IP address will be in the list of devices connected to the network.
Note: The information will be listed differently depending on your router’s set-up page. Check for words like connected device list, network topology, network map, or other similar terms.
Method 2:- Search Your Printer’s Ip Address In Windows 10
There are a number of ways to print your IP address from a Windows 10 desktop or laptop. The easiest way is by finding it in the Control Panel. Here’s how:
- Type “control panel” in the search box. This is the button with the magnifying glass near the Start menu in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on a printer and select Properties.
- Select the Web Services tab. The IP address should be placed at the bottom of the device Information and fixing Information panels.
Hence you have successfully found the printer IP address.
Method 3:- Find Printer Ip Address With Command Prompt
- Write cmd in the search box near the Start menu.
- Type ipconfig in the command line, then press Enter.
- Find your IPv4 address.
- In a new command-line write ping followed by a space and then the IPv4 address.
- Then press Enter.
- After the results appear, write arp -a and hit Enter. All static and dynamic connections using the IPv4 address will appear.
- Note: If you remember your printer’s MAC address or physical address, the internet address which is located beside it will be your printer’s IP address. This 12-digit number can be usually located on the printer or in the printer’s manual.
- Run any web browser like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or any other web browser of your choice.
- Copy-paste the dynamic IP address that you received from the arp command. If many addresses are loaded then paste each address on a different tab.
- If the IP displays a printer setup page, that would be your printer’s IP address. The webpage will have the logo of the manufacturer and will display printer information, like the printer status and how much ink you have.
Method 4:- Search Your Printer’s Ip Address On A Mac
There are 2 easy ways for you to search your printer IP address on your Mac desktop or laptop. First, you can choose it under System Preferences. You could also find it online using Common Unix Printing System (CUPS), an open-source printing system for Apple and UNIX devices.
How To Find Printer Ip Address From System Preferences-
- Run System Preferences. You can search this in your dock or by going to the Apple logo located in the top-left corner of your screen and selecting System Preferences.
- Hit on Printers and Scanners.
- Select the option of the printer from the left column. If you have more than one option printer in your network, they will be displayed in a list located on the right-hand side of the Print & Scan menu.
- Your printer’s IP address will appear under Location.
How To Search Your Printer’s Ip Address Using The Cups Webpage
- Open the Applications folder.
- Then go to the Utilities.
- Next, run Terminal.
- Write cupsctl WebInterface=yes and hit Enter on your keyboard. The CUPS web interface will be enabled.
- Run Safari.
- write localhost:631/printers into the address bar.
- Your printer’s IP address will appear in the Location column.
- Now that you know the way to find your printer’s IP address.
Method 5:- Find Your Printer’s Ip Address From The Network Configuration Page
Almost all the printers can print out a network configuration page, which will consist of the printer’s IP address.
If your printer has a user interface display, the configuration page can be printed by going to the Settings or Setup page.
Above in this blog, I have provided various easy methods to Find Printer IP Address. The best fact about the methods is that it can be used by novice users as well because it does not require any technical knowledge.
How to Find Your Printer IP Address?