First of all, we will configure the Canon printer to connect to the wireless network using SSID and password. Once it is connected, we will go to your computer and add the Canon printer to it. Note that both computers and printers must be connected on the same wireless network to connect.
- To turn on the printer module, press the power button on your printer and wait a few seconds to load all of its configurations.
- Now click on the settings icon which is shown on your printer. The settings icon may vary depending on the model to model.
- Now click on the Next button at the bottom of your screen and click on OK button when the option of device settings is available.
- Now, navigate to the LAN settings, click on the Next button and press OK.
- To navigate the wireless LAN setup now press the arrow settings and press OK.
- Now, your printer will start searching for signals and the light blink will start. It will search for available Wi-Fi networks to connect.
- After finding the available WiFi network. It will show the list of all the networks within its range. Now, use the arrow buttons to select the right one wifi network and press OK.
- Now you will be asked to insert the password. Here comes the hard part. You will need to change the format of the input you are given by pressing the '*' button on your keyboard. The modes will be replaced with numeric, uppercase, and lower case letters. Once you have selected the correct format of the input, you can use the key to enter the password and press OK.
- Once the printer is connected successfully, notification will show on your printer screen.
- Press the key Windows + R and then type "Control / Name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters" in the dialogue box and click on OK button.
- Now click on Add a printer at the top of the window screen. Windows will not automatically detect the printer on the network and will list it here. Click on the Printer and select Next.
Aforementioned is the complete process to connect a Canon printer to the wifi connection. If you have any difficulty during the working of your Canon printer. You can visit our website and get the solution from our website more. You can talk directly with our Canon printer support team on call. They will provide a better solution for your printer related problem.