To connect your Canon printer to Mac, you have to download and update the latest and suitable Canon drivers on your Mac OS. You can download the Canon printer driver from the official website of Canon or from a third party source.
Once You Have Downloaded the Canon Driver on Your Mac OS, you have to Pursue the Following Guidelines;
- Open the downloaded printer driver.
- Now, click on Canon printer driver to chase the installation process.
- Click on continue and agree to “license of terms”.
- Click on install to resume the installation process.
- You will be prompted to enter your Mac password if you have created one before downloading the software.
- After the installation finishes, click on the apple mark on the top of desktop screen.
- Click on system preferences and go to “print and scan“ option.
- Click on the “+” sign and click on “add printer or scanner “.
- Select the IP icon and enter the machine IP address in the IP address field.
- You can choose the internet protocol of the desktop you are using .eg Canon DIRECT - SOCKET for Canon users.
Type the machine name in the name option. You can leave the location field empty if you want to.
In the use option, enter the printer software. You can choose and select the printer model and software from a provided list of software and printer models.
- Click on ok < click on add.
- Now your Canon printer is ready to print.
- You can give the print command to check if things are working fine.