Connect iPad to Canon Printer -
No matter which iOS device you have, but it is important to know how to print from iPad to Canon Printer. This blog is a quick refresher for those who want to print directly from their iOS devices (iPhone or iPad).
The most common and simplest method to print from iPhone and iPad is AirPrint. This is an Apple protocol that is built-in for the iOS device to be used with different printers in the market.
Before starting a Canon printing method using AirPrint, you should check whether your printer is compatible with AirPrint or not. If not, then other secondary options have also been discussed in this post.
Note: Apple devices, iPhone and iPad doesn't support wired printing just wireless.
How to Print from iPad to Canon Printer Using an AirPrint Printer?
No matter which device you use for printing a document, an iPhone or iPad, the printing process for both the kinds is the same. The only difference that might occur is with the Share button (a square with up arrow) which comes at different positions depending on if you’re using portrait or landscape mode.
Let us Go Through the Canon iPad Printing Process:
- In the photos app, select the photo you would like to print from iPad to Canon Printer.
- Tap the share button (a square with up arrow). This button is usually present in the upper right space of the screen. For users using portrait mode, the button is in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- The next screen will show you all the selected photo with a blue tick. You can swipe the photos left or right in order to select more than one photo. Tap the
- Next button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap the print option. In case you don't find the Print option, swipe the bottom row of options and find Print icon.
- Tap Select Printer on the screen.
- Now, ensure that Airprint is compatible and enabled on your printer. Also, your printer should be connected to the same network as your iphone or ipad, then only your Printer will appear in the Select Printer list.
- Select your printer name. Set the number of print copies and use the toggle button to enable Black & White mode of printing.
Printing a Website Content in Portrait Mode:
- Open the article that you want Print from iPad to Canon Printer.
- Click on Share button and choose the Print icon.
- Select the Canon printer you want to use for printing.
- Set the print copies, black & white mode, and printing sides modes(like double side).
Note: If you are able to see the Share option for any online document, you can directly print through your Apple device.
How to Print Using a Non-AirPrint Printer?
Even if your printer isn't compatible or AirPrint enabled, you can easily Print from iPad to Canon Printer. For this, you have to use an app from the printer manufacturer and a direct wireless access point network created by the printer.
Check for a button that looks similar to a Wi-fi icon. Press that button and navigate to the Wi-Fi option under settings. Your iPad will search for an open network that specifies your printer’s brand name or model name in it.
Note: To Print from iPad to Canon Printer, you are using Canon_ij_Setup network and a Canon iOS app for wireless printing. Likewise, other printer manufacturers also have their app for printing with iPhone and iPad. Few examples are:
- Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY
- HP ePrint
- Lexmark Mobile Print
These applications can vary depending upon manufacturer and model number.
Some More Options to Print from iPad to Canon Printer:
- One more way to print effortlessly from iPhone and iPad is using any third-party software. The most popular and commonly used option is Printopia while others include handyPrint and Printer Pro.
- These printing apps give you control to how and what you can print from an iPad or iPhone device. The functionality is accessible for cases when you don't have AirPrint enabled on your printer.
- Printers have your registered email address which is usually saved during the product registration and once setup is complete you can print using this email address without using AirPrint compatible printer.
One last way to Print from iPad to Canon Printer is via Bluetooth. This feature can be used for mobile printing. Check the printer's user manual to check whether it's compatible with Bluetooth printing.