How to Troubleshoot Ricoh Printer When it Stuck on Processing?
It is one of the most irritating experience when you sent print job request and print jobs can get struck on Ricoh printer. Whenever such things happen, you have to remove stuck print requests. Clearing a struck item in print queue is the remarkably simple process.
- Head towards Start bar and search for “services.msc”. If you are using older versions of Windows then go to Start > Run > Services.msc.
- Now, some results will display on system’s screen, just scroll down mouse cursor to Print Spooler Service and press right click on it. Then tap on Restart. By going through these steps, the vast majority of errors will get cleared.
Whenever your Ricoh printer stuck on processing then you have to cancel a print job.
Let’s See How to Cancel a Print Job Using Control Panel -
- First of all, press the printer key. By doing this, printer screen will appear on the screen.
- After this, press Job reset button >Reset the Job or Reset all Jobs button.
- If you are choosing Reset the job button then it will cancel all current print jobs that are being processed. If you are selecting “Reset All Jobs” button then all the jobs that lie in the print queue will get canceled.
- To cancel the print jobs, just press Yes button.
Cancel Print Job From the Operating System -
- If transferring print jobs is not completed due to any reason then you have to cancel the print job from the computer. For this, press double click on printer’s icon that is located in the Windows task tray. Now a window will pop-up from where you can determine how many print jobs are currently queued for the printing. Before canceling any print jobs, first, check its current status and then click on Delete.
- Choose the name of the job that you want to cancel at this moment.
- After canceling the print job, go to Document menu and then click on Cancel.
- Next, move to Ricoh printer’s Control Panel and press the printer’s key.
Points to be Noted -
- If your Ricoh printer is sharing connections with multiple computers then be careful while deleting print jobs as you might delete someone else’s print jobs.
- If you have connected Ricoh printer to the computer by using a parallel cable then sent print jobs may be canceled if you have pressed “Reset all jobs” button while “Waiting for print data” is on the control panel. Once the interval set in the Printer features has passed, you can easily send next print job. But if are sending the print job from different client computer then it will get canceled.
- If you are using Windows XP/Vista then click Cancel button that is available in the document menu.
- If you are using Windows 2000, then you can open print job queue window by double-clicking on the Printer icon that is present in printer wizard (Printers and Faxes) under Windows XP and Windows Server 2003/ 2003 R2.
- Also, you can’t cancel printing data that is already in processing. And because of this, you can continue printing after pressing Job reset button.
- Although a print job that contains a large volume of data takes extra time to stop.
Hope this article will help you to troubleshoot Ricoh printer issue on your own.