I have a Ricoh Printer at home, it works fine but sometimes printer machine often gives few error code when the computer commands the device to print the job. One of those Error SC899. I have tried to reboot it, but the message still appears. Could you please instruct me How to Fix Error Code SC899 or hard(factory) reset the printer.
In Ricoh printers, error code SC899 occurs when a print job is not present in the correct format or print job is corrupted. In such situation, cancel the print jobs and turn off your printer. Then turn on Ricoh printer after some time so that it can warm up. Moreover, it is also recommended by experts to update all the applications you use, especially in the case of error code SC899.
Follow the guideline that is mentioned below to fix the error code SC899 on Ricoh Printer -
1. First & foremost, you have to unplug printer network cable.
2. To enter into service mode, you have to press these keys in order i.e., [Reset], , , . After this, hold down [clear] button, until SP menu appears on the screen. You can easily enter into service mode even when error code SC899 is showing.
3. In the next step, press the System SP button. In the next menu, you have to expand the option that is labeled as “SP-5XXX”.
4. Then, scroll down to several pages until you see “5801- Memory Clear”. Once you find this, expand this section.
5. Tap on subsection 8 labeled as “Printer Application”. To clear Ricoh printer’s memory, press a click on “Execute” button that is displaying on the right side of the screen. Once memory gets cleared, you will see a confirmation message on the screen, just click on “execute” button and proceed further.
Note – Don’t choose subsection 1, All Clear and then click on Execute button as this will erase all accounting codes from your Ricoh printer.
6. To finish the process, just power off Ricoh printer. Give your printer some time to rest and then restart after some time. Hope, error message will go at this moment.
7. Once the error gets cleared, you need to clear print job from the computer where print job originated before plugging Ricoh printer back into the network.
Hope, these steps will help you to fix error code SC899 on Ricoh printer. If you find it difficult to fix error code SC899 on Ricoh printer, then come to Ricoh Printer Support Forum where Ricoh Printer Technical Support team is always available to provide you an instant response.
How to Fix Error Code SC899 on Ricoh Printer?
The answer field is required.
Ans: If you wish to know how you can install Ricoh prin...
Ans: In Ricoh printers, error code SC899 occurs when a ...
Ans: Ricoh Printer uses error code to warn users that t...
Ans: Install Ricoh Printer Driver on Windows 10: Bro...
Ans: Please Try the Following Solutions to Fix Error Co...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|