Connect Canon ip8720 Printer to WiFi:
Here, you will learn how you can set up your Wi-Fi connection on Canon ip8720 printer. Before you start to connect canon ip8720 printer to WiFi. it is important for you to first make sure that your PC is connected to the internet.
Here are a Few Things That You Need to Note About the Network Connection:
- The network device security settings, setup procedures, router functions, and configurations may differ depending on the environment where your system is. To obtain more information, you can consult the router manual. If you want, you can also call its manufacturer for further assistance.
- Take a look at the network administrator in case this is an office setup.
- Make sure you secure your network. Otherwise, unauthorized parties can have access to your personal information.
- Your computer and printing machine should be on the same network.
Carry Out These Steps for Performing the Setup Process on Your Computer:
- Go to the website of JI setup.
- Carefully follow the instructions that are given in the product setup section, now download.
- Now, open .dmg file.
The setup procedure will automatically get started. The instructions of the cableless setup method will show up. In this type of setup, you don’t need to know the name of your network nor do you need to know the password. Plus, you don’t need to connect your system to the printer using a USB wire.
Once You have Started the Canon ip8720 Wireless Setup, Then Follow the Instructions on the Screen. Now, Select Connect to the Network.
- Select cableless protection from the screen of setup protection selection.
- Now to connect Canon ip8720 printer to wifi, on the setup screen, hold the button of Wi-Fi on your printer and keep on pressing until the power light flashes two times in a row.
- Now, on the connection through the cableless setup screen, select next.
- The software installation list will open up in front of you. Choose the software that you want to install, then click on Next.
- Follow instructions on the screen. Click on OK when the setup completion dialog box opens up on the screen.
- Now follow instructions on the screen. Select Add Printer when the Add Printer screen opens up on the screen.
- Now, choose Canon ip8700 series with Canon IJ network. Now, click on Add.
- Add printer screen will open up, click on Next.
Now, the process to connect Canon ip8720 printer to WiFi is complete.
For using the printer that is connected to your computer system, you must install the drivers and software on the hard disk of your computer. The time that drivers will take to install depends on your computer environment.
- Log in as a member of your administration group to connect canon ip8720 printer to Wi-Fi.
- Close all the applications that you were using prior to the installation.
- Don’t change users in the middle of the installation procedure.
- One must have an internet connection for performing software installation. You may have to pay for connection charges as well.
- You will have to reboot the computer system to complete the software installation. Execute the instructions on the screen after restarting the computer.
- The installation process will resume once your system restarts.
- If you have turned on the firewall function of your computer, a warning message will be displayed on the screen stating Canon software is trying to access the network. Click on allow access when such a message comes up.
To set up your PIXMA iP8720, the software must be installed on your computer.