Connect Canon MF4770N Printer to Computer:
There can be different ways to Connect Canon MF4770N Printer to Computer system. This post list downs following three methods, depending on your environment and devices. The user can select an appropriate method for connecting the printer machine to the computer.
Steps to Setup Basic Network Settings for Canon MF4770N Printer:
There are certain points to be kept in mind to Connect Canon MF4770N Printer to Computer.
- Ensure that the computer and network device setup should be completed otherwise you can't use that machine on the network(wired or wireless) even if you perform right instructions.
- The structure of your computer or network device, various router functions, setting methods and advanced security settings vary depending on your environment where you are setting up the printer machine.
- Refer to the detailed instruction of user manual provided with the network device you are using, or contact the manufacturer directly.
- Contact your network administrator if you want to use the machine in your office area.
- After confirmation from the network operator, connect the machine to LAN according to the two discussed procedures.
The printer machine can be connected to a wireless LAN or wired LAN according to your environment and devices. For this, you have to switch its connection method to either wired LAN or wireless LAN ( applicable to MF4890dw/MF4880dw only). The default setting for this printer machine is "Wired LAN."
- Press Menu option.
- Press Network Settings and then press OK.
- Specify the system Manager PIN using numeric keys and then press OK.
- When you want to switch the machine network, select Wired/Wireless LAN and then press OK.
- Further, make choice between Wired LAN or Wireless LAN, and then press OK.
When Switched to a Wired LAN Connection or Wireless LAN Connection Ensure the Following Points:
- Once after connecting the wireless LAN or wired LAN, uninstall the MF driver.
- Now reinstall the MF driver after uninstallation is complete.
- Next, the post discusses how to connect the printer machine to either wired LAN or wireless LAN.
Method 1: Connect the Machine to Wired LAN
It is quite obvious that you cannot use wired LAN and wireless LAN at the same time. But you should know that the "Wired LAN" is the machine's default connect method.
- Use a LAN cable to connect the machine to a router or a network hub.
- Wait until the machine automatically sets the IP address which will take around 2 minutes. You can manually set the IP address if required.
- Install the required drivers and wait till it is connecting to Wired LAN.
Method 2: Connect the Machine to Wireless LAN (MF4890dw/MF4880dw Only)
Before connecting to a wireless LAN, ensure that your printer machine supports wireless connection. In order to connect to the wireless LAN or access point, you can use the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) function.
Connecting Using WPS (Push Button Mode):
Remember to follow the basic settings to switch the connection from Wired LAN to Wireless LAN.
- Under Menu, select the options in the following order: Network Settings >> Wireless LAN Settings >> WPS Push Button Mode >> Yes
- Hold and press the WPS button on the wireless LAN router and/or access point for approximately 5 seconds.
- As the wireless LAN router or access point network is detected, the next screen is displayed for approx 2 seconds and the Wi-Fi indicator blinks.
- You have to wait for 2 mins until the machine sets the IP address automatically. You can set it manually as well.
- Since the machine's default connect method is "Wired LAN", you have to first switch the connection method from "Wired LAN" to "Wireless LAN.
- While using a wireless LAN connection, do not connect a LAN cable to your printer machine as it may result in certain malfunctions.
Method 3: Connect Using USB Connection
- Quickly connect a USB cable to your machine.
- The USB cable doesn't come with the machine, you have to buy it separately.
- Select the specific driver that has to be installed on your computer.
- Now install the MF Drivers and MF Toolbox.