Fix Dell Printer Offline Problem:
Dell Printer offline is the most common error that is faced by users. This error can take a toll on work productivity and stop you from printing important documents. The Dell printer offline problem can occur all of a sudden leaving you in the middle of unfinished printing work.
So the question is, how to fix Dell Printer offline problem without any external support? It is not a very difficult task and can be done easily in a few steps by changing the Printer Settings or the IP address of the Printer.
Why do Dell Printers Go Offline?
- Communication errors caused by Antivirus programs.
- Invalid IP network address that does not tally with the settings of the Dell printer.
- Wireless adapter turned off due to PC power-saving mode.
Now that you know the main causes of the Printer to go offline, let us see how to fix Dell Printer offline problem in a few simple steps.
2. Change the Power Management Settings
Step 1: Getting the Dell Printer online by changing the power settings
Step 2: Check the Device Manager settings on the Control panel.
Step 3: Click the plus symbol or arrow to open the USB Controller’s list.
Step 4: Select the properties option on the “USB Root hub”.
Step 5: Now select the option “Allow the Computer to turn off this Device” under Power Management.
Step 6: Untick this option and restart your computer.
Step 7: Your printer offline problems will be resolved.
Step 8: The above options are the most used to get the Dell Printer to the online mode. These troubleshooting methods will help the Dell Printer to resume printing activities without hiccups.
However if the Printer issues appear again after some days, here is another simple method on how to fix Dell Printer offline problem
3. Use Settings to Change the Status
- Uncheck the “Use Printers offline” option
- Open your PC’s settings and click the “Devices” option.
- Click the Printers and Scanners sections.
- From this section select the “Printers” option.
- Click on the “Open queue” option and select the “Printers” section.
- Under this section you will find “Use Printers offline”. Click to uncheck it, if it is turned on by mistake.
- Your Printer will go to the online mode immediately.
1. Change Dell Printer Offline Status via Setting a Static Address
- Getting the Dell Printer online by changing the static IP address settings
- Go to the Device Manager settings on your Computer.
- Open the Properties window and choose Ports. The IP address will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the number value in the URL of the browser. For this, the Printer and your PC must have the same network connectivity.
- Now enter the username and password.
- Check the network options. If the network is automatic, change it to the static or manual mode.
- For entering the manual address, use something similar to the original and raise the final number by 5 or 6.
- Now click the Apply option to Save the ad IP address.
- You can write down this address somewhere for reference.
- Now add the Router’s IP address in the URL and hit the Enter button.
- Type in the MAC address in the Menu option.
- Add the new IP address of the Printer so that the Printer and the Router use the same network connection to communicate with each other.
- Now check the Device Manager for the new IP address of the Printer.
- If the Printer’s IP address has not been set, add it.
All the above steps are the best ways on how to fix Dell Printer offline problem. These troubleshooting ways will get your printer functioning as normal and help you resume all your printing tasks.
If your printer offline issue still persists it will be best to get your Printer firmware updated on time or check the installed Antivirus to get all printing activities back to normal.