Connect My Dell b1165nfw Printer to WiFi:
Dell b1165nfw is multifunctional mono laser printer which is used to fax, photocopy, printing and scanning the documents. It works on monochromic laser printing technology. Dell b1165nfw has 128 MB internal memory. Its print speed is 20 pages per minutes and its document feeder capacity is 40 sheets. PC connectivity is available with this printer and it is manufactured by DELL.
As we know that Dell b1165nfw is a multifunctional network printer. You can connect this with wireless network. Here we are explaining step by step solution to connect my Dell b1165nfw printer to WIFI.
Connect My Dell b1165nfw Printer to Wi-Fi:
You can connect Dell b1165nfw printer to Wi-Fi by using two ways.
Connect Dell Printer Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS):
- First you need to make sure that both of your router and printer should support WPS.
- Thereafter you need to press and hold WPS button on your printer. You will prompted a message which might be indicating that WPS mode is running.
- Again press and hold WPS button on your router .
- Now you need to wait up to two or three minutes to connect both the devices with each other.
- Now you need to print the setting report which confirms that your printer has been successfully connected with the wireless network.
Connect Dell Printer with Wireless Network Manually Using front Panel:
- Firstly press the menu button.
- Now you need to select system.
- Thereafter select admin menu.
- Then select network option.
- Then select wireless setup.
- Now you will get your network in the network list. You have to select your network from the list.
- Now you need to enter your network passphrase or password which is necessary to establish connection with your printer.
- At the last you need to print setting report to get confirmation that your dell printer has been connected with wireless network successfully.
Note: Some older model need to connected initially via USB or Ethernet cable to confirm wireless settings. If your printer does not support WPS and front panel feature, you need to refer dell user guide for model specification instruction.
Dell wireless printer connects generally to the 2.4 GHz band. If your router is dual modes which are 2.4 GHz/5 GHz, you need to enable your 2.4 Ghz band.
This is the Complete Step by Step Procedure to Connect My Dell b1165nfw Printer to WIFI:
Testing of Network Connection:
If you are using virtual private network, this may prevent your computer from connecting with local area network like printer or network attached storage devices. If you are going to test network connectivity issue, you need to disconnect any kind of virtual private network connection.
First you need to make sure that your printer is able to send and receive data across the wireless network. There after you can test your network connection of your printer using ping command or you can test your network connection using embedded web server.
Testing Wireless Network Using Ping Command:
Ping command is command prompt command which is generally used to test the ability of computer to reach destination over a specified network.
- First you need to print setting page from your printer for obtaining IP address.
- After obtaining IP address, you need to open command prompt by typing cmd in the search box.
- At the command prompt, you need to type PING thereafter IP address and press enter button.
- If ping command works the printer should start to respond and that reply you can see on the command prompt.
- If ping command has failed, you will see request time out message at the command prompt.
- If ping command has failed than issue is related with IP address or another network problem.
Testing Network Using EWS:
In order to get your printer’s EWS, you need to follow below steps:
- Print the setting page from your printer to obtain IP address.
- Now you can write down IP address.
- Now open any installed browser on your system.
- You need to enter that IP address of printer in the search bar.
- Now press enter thereafter you will get printer’s EWS page .
- If EWS page is opening so this confirm that printer has working network connection and there is no hardware fault.
- If EWS is not opening and you are getting any error message, this ensure that there might be a fault with your printer hardware or with network which it is connecting.
These are the two diagnosis method to test your printer’s network. This is the complete document on how to test your printer’s network and how do I connect my Dell b1165nfw printer to WIFI.