Enable the Duplex Option in the Driver Settings on Lexmark Printer:
Check the driver/software settings on the computer to make sure the duplex settings are configured correctly if the printer has a duplex unit installed but does not print on both sides of the page automatically.
These settings tell the printer how to print the page and take precedence over any printer settings. To make the duplex option work, you must first add it to the driver and then turn it on. Regardless of the data stream (e.g., PostScript, PCL) or operating system, this is usually the case. Please read the instructions carefully.
1. Verify that the Duplex Option has been Added to the Printer Driver Software's Device or Install Options Menu.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the name of the afflicted printer in the list of installed printers on your PC and select Properties, as indicated.
- Select Device from the drop-down menu. In some programs, this is referred to as the Install Options tab.
- Note: In some programs, this is referred to as the Install Options tab.
- A button to Update or Ask Printer will be present in most driver programs. Take a look at the highlighted example in the image below.
- When you press this button, the application will do a check on the printer's current configuration and settings. The driver will then be updated to match the current settings and installed objects by the software.
- You can manually add the duplex option if your driver program does not offer an Update/Ask Printer button, or if the button is disabled or does not operate.
- To move the Duplex option to the Installed section, select Duplex Option from the Available choices list and click Add, as shown below.
2. Please Try Printing Once More. If the Printer Still doesn't Print on Both Sides, Double-Check that the Duplex Function is Enabled in the Printer Driver's Printing Preferences Section.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Select Printing Preferences by right-clicking on the printer name in the list of installed printers.
- Make that you've chosen one of the options in the Duplex section (highlighted in red below). Other programs may require you to choose 2-Sided Printing instead.
- Note: Regardless of the printer or driver settings, labels and transparencies will only print on one side of the page (simplex). Change the media type to Labels or Transparency to enable duplex printing.
- To save your changes, click Apply and then OK.
Please try printing once more. If the printer still doesn't print on both sides, double-check that the paper type you've chosen matches the media you've loaded into it. Both the printer driver (Paper tab) and the printer operator panel can be used to accomplish this (Paper Menu)
Follow the above guide to fix your problem and If the printer still won't print on both sides, there could be a problem with the duplex unit or the printer's hardware. I hope this article is useful for you.
How to Enable the Duplex Option in the Driver Settings on Lexmark Printer?