Lexmark Printer Not Communicating with MAC
I have a Lexmark laser jet printer at home for over an year now. I use it for normal or daily office work since I work from home. I used to have a Windows PC which has my Lexmark printer connected as default but due to some malfunction I switched to Mac recently. The only problem is my Mac is not able to detect or communicate with my Lexmark printer. i had tried resetting it and updated the driver but nothing helped. can anyone tell me what is the issue here? is it with my printer or Mac computer?
- 1 Answer
- February 13, 2024
Connect Lexmark Printer to MAC :
Get the Mac to recognize your Lexmark printer -
- First of all, power on your Lexmark printer, and then you have to complete the initial setup instructions for connecting your Lexmark printer to the network.
- Once initial setting up finish, tap on Apple menu and then choose “Software Update” button. This check is necessary because you will get an idea if the newer version of your Lexmark printer drivers are available or not.
- Then tap on Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Under the Hardware section, click on “Print & Scan” button.
- Next, click on “+” icon and choose your Lexmark printer from the nearby Printers list. If your Lexmark printer does not appear in the Nearby Printers list then you have to click on “Add printer or scanner” from the list of options.
- In the next tab, click on Default and then choose your Lexmark printer. In case, if your Lexmark printer is not available then tap on IP and enter your Lexmark printer’s IP address. If you don’t know your printer’s IP address then contact your system administrator. After entering IP address, leave other options at the default settings. Then click on Add button to add your Lexmark printer.