I'm trying to setup 'scan to Pc' with our Lexmark X364dn to a Windows 7 Pc. When I try to setup a Scan Profile and I click "Create" it opens the Java window but the choices are all blank, I can't set anything up. I update the printer firmware to the latest version, I down graded my Java to 8 U45. How can I get this to work?
James, Thank you for your response. I did how ever get my scanning to work but not without a lot of trial and tribulation. I had an old WinXP machine not being used; I set it up on the network and I was able to open IE8 w/ java and setup a scan profile like the instructions tell you to. How ever, it wouldn't save the profile to the printer permanently so I had to leave that PC running and the profile open all the time, that wasn't going to work for me. So I downloaded and installed the Lexmark Scanback utility and was able to install that onto my Win7 machine. I still have to open that software first before scanning but at least I can now scan to my PC with the printer/scanner that's in my office. I was hoping that once I setup a profile it would save to the printer so that all I would have to do was choose the "Scan" button, select a Profile, then scan to my PC. But this way will work, it saves me from having to walk to another part of the building to scan to my PC. Thanks again for your help and suggestion.
Note: If you want to install Lexmark Printer to computer without CD. Printer Technical Support help you installing Lexmark printer to a computer witout CD with using some steps.
I hope you will succeed to make Lexmark X364 scan to PC profile blank. If you need aditional help then drop a message here, feel free to reach out and I will be glad to help.
1. First of all, you have to insert optical disc in your computer that came with your Lexmark printer. Now, setup program will start but if does not start automatically then click on Start button, choose Computer and then open the CD drive.
2. In the next step, you have to follow on-screen prompts to install the Lexmark X364 printer on your system. If there does not display any wireless network then tap on “Unlisted network” and choose Continue button. After that, you have to enter network details in the appropriate field. Then complete the installation process by following remaining on-screen prompts.
3. Next, open the scanner lid and then place the document on the scanner glass facing downwards. Then close the scanner lid.
4. On the printer’s Control Panel, press Home button. Then press Scan.
5. To choose the destination PC, you can use left and right arrow buttons. Besides this, you can use up and down arrow button to choose color, image size and other scan options from the menu.
6. Moreover, you can also use left and right arrow buttons to highlight the settings that you have made. Now, confirm the selection by clicking on OK button.
7. Finally, click on Start button and scan the document to the destination computer.
If you are still encountering the same issue How to scan documents using lexmark x75 printer while scanning then write your querie here right now, Lexmark Printer Technical Support will provide best solution of all the issues that you are facing with your Lexmark Printer from experts.
Lexmark X364 Scan to PC Profile Blank?
The answer field is required.
Ans: If your Lexmark Printer is getting offline then fi...
Ans: The issue of printers failing to recognize the com...
Ans: Get the Mac to recognize your Lexmark printer - ...
Ans: Installing Lexmark printer on Mac - First of al...
Ans: Reset Ink Cartridge of Lexmark Printer Then Follow...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|