How to Fix Error B200 on Canon Printers?
At my home, there are two canon printers i.e., Canon MX870 printer and Canon MX926 printer. Both of them are working fine but yesterday an error code “B200” cause interruption in printing. After little research, I conclude that there exist some power issues. I unplugged and replugged both printers but still, there is no change. Help me to fix Canon printer error code b200!!
- 2 Answer
- February 14, 2024
Troubleshoot Error b200 on Canon Printer:
Phase 1 -
- Turn off your Canon Printer and unplug it from the power source.
- Now, open the Canon printer cover and then check the ink cartridges. You have to carefully remove the print head from your Canon printer.
- In the next step, you have to clean the print head along with ink cartridges.
- Clean clogged print head -
- Remove the clogged print heads from the Canon printer.
- Take some hot water in a bowl and mix some alcohol in it. Pour this solution into another bowl. Insert printer head in such a way so that the solution does not contact with printer head’s circulatory board. Now you will see the ink is slowly flowing in the outside direction.
- Take a dropper and fill it with the solution and apply 2-3 drops on the ink ports. Repeat this process with 3 to 5-minute intervals.
- Soak printer head in the cleaning solution for approx 10-15 minutes.
- In last, dry the print head using paper towels. After applying printer steps, just put the print head back into your printer. And then run a print test.
After this, you have to clean contact pads by using a contact cleaner. Then proceed to the next step. Before powering up Canon printer, reinstall printhead first and then ink cartridges. At last, run the “auto head alignment test” on your Canon printer.
Phase 2 -
Before proceeding, make sure you have a working internet connection and logged in to your system as an administrator.
- You have to update the Canon printer driver and Canon Printer Utility software.
- Go to the Start button and then tap on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Then press a right-click on Canon printer and choose Properties.
- Choose the Maintenance tab and then tap on “Deep Cleaning”.
- Once deep cleaning gets completed, just run a nozzle check from the Maintenance tab.
canon support code b200, canon mx922 error b200
Fix Canon Printer Error B200:
Do you know what makes Canon printers popular among users? They are known worldwide for their easy troubleshooting solutions. Canon printer error B200 is the most common errors observed with Canon Printers.
However, troubleshooting for such errors is quite simple and basic. Generally, Canon printers come with 2 or 4+ cartridges, so the troubleshooting method to fix Canon printer error B200 is different for both the printers.
Troubleshooting Canon Printer Error B200 - For 4+ Cartridge Printer
- Remove the top cover of your printer. As the cartridge cradle lifts up, take off all the cartridges out of the cradle.
- Lift the lever located beside the cartridge cradle to remove the printhead. While lifting the lever, try to gently remove the printhead from the printer.
- Now, reinsert the printhead back to its position inside the printer and ensure to lock the lever tightly.
- Reinsert all the cartridges back to their correct positions in the printer and ensure that there is no door open. After ensuring that the doors are properly closed, the printer is ready with access to the cartridges and printheads.
- Physically, unplug your printer cord from the electricity board and let it remain unplugged for at least 5 or more minutes. Subsequently, the printer starts to cool down and excessive electrical energy is also eliminated.
- Re-plug the printer back into the electricity board.
- Finally, start the cleaning cycle and perform an extensive nozzle check. This Canon printer error B200 normally doesn’t take place as the printer has regular access to the printhead.
Troubleshooting Canon Printer Error Code B200 - For 2 Cartridge Printer
- Switch off the printer. You will see that the cartridge cradle gets stuck in the Error B200 state. However, returning the printer temporarily might help to fix the Canon mx870 b200 error.
- Switch on the printer.
- The Canon printer error B200 doesn't exactly point to the problematic cartridge. So, try to have a rough idea about which cartridge should be replaced.
- If it is a 2 cartridge Canon printer, the printhead is the part of the cartridge. With this printer, you cannot prevent the canon mx870 error b200 without replacing the problematic cartridge. Therefore, it's essential to replace the old cartridge with a new one.
- Perform an extensive nozzle check or a cleaning cycle. Following the replacement of the cartridge, it's mandatory to check whether the desired cartridge is replaced by the printer or not.
- If you still find the problem, then try to replace the other old functioning cartridge with a new one. As this Canon printer works with 2 cartridges, so it is quite obvious that either of the two cartridges is erroneous. But replacing and cross-checking both cartridges one by one should resolve the problem.
- If the Canon printer error B200 still persists even after performing all the above troubleshooting steps then it is recommended to get in touch with the Canon Helpline or a printer technician.
Hope this article is helpful to fix Canon support code b200.
canon mx870 b200 error, canon mx870 error b200