Install a Canon Pixma MP160 Printer Driver without CD:
Installing your Canon Pixma mp160 Printer driver without a CD is not a tough ask if your computer is compatible with it. Generally, the software CD which comes along with the Printer device contains important software drivers required to control different functionalities of your printing machine.
The good thing is, you can download all these software drivers from the official website free of cost, so let us see, how we can install the Canon Pixma mp160 printer driver without the CD.
Follow the instructions carefully.
- Connect your Canon Printer to a power source and then to your computer via wired USB connection and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Open your computer and navigate to Control Panel of your computer. On the main Control Panel Window, click on Add a Printer/Scanner Device.
- Your computer will not search for any devices available in your computer’s proximity and a list will be displayed.
- Select the name of your device from the list and click on it. If you cannot find the name of your device, click on My device is not listed“.
- Your computer will start a troubleshooting procedure to find out the problem, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooting.
- If you can find your device, click on it and a setup wizard will appear, this comes pre-installed on your PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. You need to select from a few different options and you are done installing your printer without a CD.
- Once the installation is complete, open your web browser and navigate to the official printer website www.usa.canon.com of Canon. Go to Support/Downloads and then enter the model number of your printer device.
- All the software canon mp160 drivers will get listed, download all of them and then install it on your computer. These are very important as if you do not install these, you would not be able to use it.
- You can also use this printer wirelessly by entering the password of your wifi on the printer wireless settings. Now you can easily give print commands from any of the devices connected to the same network.
Note: If you have face Canon printer alignment problem after installing Canon printer driver in the computer then Printer help you from experts.
these are some of the steps you need to follow in order to setup Canon Pixma mp160 printer without CD. Hopefully, these mentioned steps helped you in setting up your printer. In case you have any doubts or queries regarding these steps, or if your problem still persists or if you feel the need for technical intervention from the experts.