Epson Printer is Not Printing in Black Color:
Basic things to start
- First of all, turn off your Epson printer. After this, unplug your printer from the power source and disconnect all USB cables. After some time, reconnect your Epson printer and then plug it back in. And then turn on Epson printer back on.
- In the next step, either print a test page or Quality Diagnostic Report. Although you can find this option on Epson printer’s display screen. You can also check Epson printer user guide for stepwise instructions.
- Double check ink levels and this step is very important. No matter you are using Epson printer cartridges or aftermarket cartridges, it is very necessary to detect the ink volume in your ink cartridges.
Other troubleshooting procedures -
Check ink cartridge -
- If the ink cartridges are low or empty then immediately replace them.
- Verify that ink cartridges are properly installed in the appropriate slot.
- Also, confirm that you have removed the tape over the vent, in case you have installed new ink cartridges.
- If the vent of cartridges is clogged then take a pin to clean up the clog on the vent.
Check your printhead -
Verify that printheads are not clogged. Although the various printer has an automatic printhead cleaning feature, you can use this one if you are unable to remove printhead manually. If due to any reason, the automatic printhead cleaning feature is not working then try it again.