Dell Support Assist Not Working or Responding -
When you try to run SupportAssist on these computers, Dell laptops and desktops will sometimes stop reacting to them. A majority of users complain that the Dell Support Assist is not working on this error statement.
Therefore, it shows that while checking your device's overall health, Dell Support Assist encounters some difficulties. Even if Dell Help Assist is not working correctly, many of you will be confused about keeping this app on your computer.
Others can feel like applying some tips for troubleshooting so that Dell computers can respond to SupportAssist. Here, we will share a few technical solutions to get out of this irritating message about Dell SupportAssist's non-responsive actions.
Why Dell Support Assist Not Working or Responding?
Some reasons that could stop Dell SupportAssist from running on Windows are listed in the points below.
- This problem can occur if Dell Support Assist or Dell Support Center related files may have become corrupted.
- Somehow, if the latest version of the OS is not reliable with running any Dell driver, Support Assist can cause this problem.
- Because of installing a defective update, if the Dell Support Center software is temporarily disabled, Dell SupportAssist can be stopped while functioning.
- Any potential bug or virus on your Dell laptop will interrupt the service and stop the Support Center.
How to Fix Dell Support Assist Not Working or Responding?
You need to take a few troubleshooting steps if you don't want to get interrupted with continuous notification messages about Dell Support Assist not working. So, let's look at the fixes below, which can fix SupportAssist errors on Dell devices.
Method:1 Uninstall Dell Support and delete the files:
Uninstall the Dell Support Service through Programs and Features using this tool.
- Hold the logo for Windows and click R.
- Type appwiz.cpl, and click Enter to open Programs and Functions,
- Access to the Support Center for Dell or Support Assist
- Right-click Dell Support Center or Dell Support Assist, then select Uninstall
- Wait for Windows to complete the removal of the Dell Support Center or Dell Support Assist.
- To open File Explorer or Windows Explorer, hold down the Windows logo and click E.
- Click This Desktop or My Computer on the right of the screen.
- Move to the C:\Program Files location and delete the Dell Support Center or Dell Support Assist folder.
- Now, delete everything from the Temp folder.
- Delete the PCDR folder
- Restart your device
Method 2: Reinstallation Windows
Few users have reinstalled Windows and the Dell Support Center or Dell SupportAssist to fix their problems. You will first need to back up the data to an external hard disk, shared storage, or cloud storage, and then reinstall your operating system and update drivers and applications after that.
Method 3: Update Your Dell Support Assist
Dell Support Assist is a smart technology that allows your PC to work under optimal circumstances. To fix the 'Dell Support Center Has Stopped Working' error, you should try upgrading Dell Support Assist to its latest update.
- Start your browser starting and navigate to this site.
- Click on the Download Support Assist button to enable the application download.
- After installing, run the executable and then follow the on-screen instructions to install your computer with the new Dell Help Assist new edition.
- Check to see if the problem is fixed after doing so.
Method 5: Renae Your File
We'll access this file's location in this step and then rename it by removing "small" from its name.
- Navigate to your computer's root partition and open the 'Program Files' folder.
- Then choose the dell folder and open the icon for SupportAssistAgent.
- Identify the bin folder here, and to open the Resources folder, double-click it.
- Find a file called New-Dell-Logo-White-Small by opening the Resources folder.
- Now, right-click to rename this file. Just remove the word small from the name of this folder.
- Exit from the window of the resources.
- Run the Dell Support Assist now and check if the problem has been solved.
If Dell Support Assist does not continue to function even after applying the above methods, technicians will need advanced solutions.