Fixed Issue of Brother Printer Error 48:
One of the major brands like Brother offers a range of printers and scanners delivering reliable and high-quality performance. Brother Printers are not just known for their amazing features but have proved as user-friendly even.
Their excellent printing service is derived from the fact that they are easy to install and operate. But since its a machine it may crash or malfunction anytime and we have to face certain errors with printer devices, most commonly the "brother printer error 48".
In a case, if they malfunction, they are designed to pass an issue error message which pinpoints the accurate errors and hence makes troubleshooting an easy task.
What is Brother Printer Error 48?
Among so many error codes generated by Brother Printers, one is error 48 which mean that the print head cable or circuit board is broken or damaged. The message “Unable to Print 48” is flashed on the display due to the following possible reasons:
Objects like a paper clip or ripped piece of paper might destruct the printer head.
Mechanical break-down in the printing machine.
How to Troubleshoot Brother Printer Error 48?
Troubleshooting and solving brother printer issues is a quite simple task only if you are well aware of the error codes. Troubleshooting involves some basic steps and guidelines to analyze the current or recurring issues.
Remember you need to keep some time and patience for troubleshooting brother printer error 48 in a successful order.
Here You Go with Some Troubleshooting Points and Tips:
- Error codes generated due to jams and blockages are fairly common which affects the printing operation.
- If the printer encounters problems because of lined print jobs then break the printer queue by deleting a specific job.
- If the printer is hanging and not working, then unplug the printer from the power socket. Leave it at rest for a minute and repower it back. Do this on a regular basis to resolve the issue.
- Sometimes it might be that the system or laptop is not responding correctly. Then close all the running programs, shut it down and repower it back after a while. Doing this will automatically restore the lost connectivity with the printer.
- Sometimes printer seems to have been lost in the screen and it's not working then select “add printer wizard” to restore connectivity.
- If the error codes indicate “driver” problems, then either update your current driver or install a new driver version if required.
Steps to Fix Brother Printer error 48:
Step 1: Check and Remove for Debris and Paper Scraps
- Disconnect the printer from the power source.
- Lift up and open the scanner cover carefully.
- Look up inside the machine for jammed paper or foreign objects and securely remove it.
- Ensure that no paper is jammed beneath the printer head. If the paper head is positioned in middle, slide and move it to the right or left side and check for paper scraps under it.
– In case the print head is on the left side, follow these steps.
- Gently, slide the print head to the middle using your fingers.
- Check and remove for jammed paper or objects under the print head.
- Close the scanner cover and connect the printer back the power source.
- Remember the error message will continue till the encoder strip is cleaned.
– If the print head is on the right side, follow these steps.
- Connect the printer cord back to a power outlet. The LCD or display system shows “Cover is Open” message.
- Keep pressing STOP/EXIT for 5 minutes approximately till the print head moves back to the middle.
- Again disconnect the machine from the power outlet.
- Check and remove for any ripped paper or any foreign objects in the right corner.
- Caution: Use Tweezers to remove paper scrap successfully.
- Close the scanner cover and connect it back to a power outlet.
- The brother printer error 48 might continue. In that case, clean the encoder strip following some series of steps in the next section.
Step 2: Clean Off the Encoder Strip
- Simply disconnect the Brother Printer from the power outlet.
- Lift the scanner cover using the plastic tabs or finger holds till the machine is not locked securely into its open position.
- Find the Encoder Strip which is a transparent plastic strip in front of the white vinyl band.
- Use a piece of dry lint cloth to clean both the sides of the encoder strip.
- Start cleaning encoder strip in right to left order.
- Repeat the steps to clean the encoder strip perfectly.
- Followed by the cleaning process, close the scanner cover and connect the printer machine back to the power outlet.
Now, in order to check that the printer and its buttons are functioning correctly, pass a Print command to check the print quality. For this you need to press Ink Icon(on printer screen) >> Test Print >> Print Quality >> OK
If the print command is running successfully then the error has been troubleshot. Else, if it shows then recreate the complete process back again.