Scanning is Currently Unavailable' displays in the HP Smart app:
Check the printer connection status in the HP Smart app, use the HP Smart Diagnose & Fix tool, and then re-add the printer to the app for printers that are connected to the internet.
Complete the following tasks in the order listed. Check the printer after each task to see if the problem has been resolved.
1. Reset the Printer
- Reboot the printer.
- To recover from printer errors or failures, reset the printer.
- Remove any rechargeable batteries from your printer.
- Although the printer is turned on, unplug the power cord.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Wait 60 seconds before proceeding.
- Replug the printer's power cord into a wall outlet.
Scanning is Currently Unavailable' displays in the HP Smart app.
2. In the HP Smart App, Check the Status of Your Network Connection.
In the HP Smart app, confirm that the printer is connected to the internet and ready.
Open the HP Smart app, wait for the printer to connect to the app for a few minutes, and then check the connection status next to the printer icon. Scanning is Currently Unavailable' displays in the HP Smart app.
3. Start the HP Smart Diagnose & Repair Tool (Windows, macOS)
To identify printer connection or hardware issues, use the Diagnose & Fix tool in the HP Smart app for Windows and macOS.
- From the app's home screen, launch the HP Smart app and then the Diagnose & Fix tool.
- Windows: Tap the Diagnose & Fixing icon in the bottom-left corner.
- macOS: Select Printers > Diagnose & Repair from the top menu bar.
4. Add the Printer to the HP Smart App Again.
To resolve any connection issues, remove and then re-add the printer in the HP Smart app.
- Ascertain that the printer is linked to the same network as your computer or via a USB cable.
- Close and relaunch the HP Smart app.
- Right-click or long-press the printer icon on the app's home screen, and then select Hide Printer.
- To confirm, click Hide Printer again.
- Click Add Printer or the plus-sign on the app's home screen, and then follow the prompts to re-add the printer.
5. Contact HP Customer Service.
If the preceding steps did not resolve your problem, please contact HP Customer Support.
- Navigate to HP Customer Service - Contact.
- Enter your product serial number to view warranty status and, if necessary, change your location.
- Choose a support option. If you are in Asia Pacific, you will be directed to a nearby service center.
Scanning is Currently Unavailable displays in the HP Smart app?