Fix HP Envy 5000 Printer Offline Issue:
Whenever you see an HP Envy 5000 Printer saying offline message, the printer stops working and printing your document. Well, not to worry as we are bringing this step by step guide for you to resolve HP Envy 5000 offline error.
Fixes for HP Envy 5000 Printer Saying Offline:
Step 1: Set the Default Printer Manually
- Do make sure that the default printer driver matches the printer you are trying to print to.
For Windows 10
Let us start by setup HP Envy 5000 printer in Windows 10.
- Find Windows for devices, and then click Printers & scanners from the list of displayed results.
- If the printer is checked, uncheck the box corresponding to "Let Windows manage my default printer".
- Now, click the printer name which matches the name of your printer from the displayed list, and then click Manage. If multiple names are shown then select the printer that has a status of idle or online.
- Under Manage your device section clicks on Set as default option.
- Lastly, try to print a document. If the HP Envy 5000 Printer saying offline issue continues then jump to the next section.
For Windows 8, 7
Now, let's check how to set your default printer in Windows 8 and Windows 7.
- Similarly, find Windows for devices, and then click on Devices and Printers from the list of results shown.
- Right-click corresponding to the name of the HP printer which is active (not grayed out). After that select Set as Default Printer option.
- Check and try to print. If still an HP Envy 5000 Printer saying offline message then move ahead with the next step.
Step 2: Check Status for the Printer Port and Windows Services
- If your printer makes use of a WSD port then check for the status of Windows Function Discovery services. Then after adding a TCP/IP port if required.
- Search Windows for 'control panel' and launch the Control Panel window. Now, click on View devices and printers for opening the Devices and Printers window.
- Next, right-click your specific printer and select Printer Properties, and then click the Ports tab.
- Here, you can check if your printer uses a WSD port or not.
If your printer is not using a WSD port, then skip to the next step in this guide. But if your printer uses a WSD port, then continue with these given steps.
- Search Windows for 'services' and check the Services list.
- Scroll down the complete list to find the Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication. Now, here you can check the Status and Startup Type columns.
- Now, return to the Devices and Printers window and press the F5 key where you can click your printer name to view the status.
- Here, you can print a Network Configuration Report from the Printer Settings or Wireless menu.
- Right-click the specific printer and under Printer Properties select the Ports tab, and then click Add Port option.
- Lastly, select Standard TCP/IP port, and then click on New Port.
Step 3: Check Connectivity Using HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download and install the special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor that is specifically resolved to help with printer offline conditions.
- This downloads the HP Print and Scan Doctor service.
- Next, run the HPPSdr.exe file from the download folder on your computer.
- As the HP Print and Scan Doctor launches, click on Start and then select your printer.
If you don't find your printer in the list, then turn it off and on. Thereafter, click on the Retry option. In case there is any connection problem, then follow on-screen instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- When a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes button.
- If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click on Yes option.
- Lastly, try to print. Now, if your HP Envy 5000 Printer says offline, then continue to the next step.
Use the instructions to add a new port with the information given in the Network Configuration Report. Hope that this guide will help you to fix the problem causing HP Envy 5000 Printer saying offline issue.