Solution for Brother Printer Keep Losing WIFI Connection:
Not being able to print a document because of lost internet connection can be extremely bothersome. One may encounter these troubles due to driver configuration issues or wrong settings.
To Perform the Troubleshooting Steps, You must Disable the Firewall Program. Once a Stable Wireless Connection is Established, Then You can Turn the Firewall Back on.
Step 1: Please Check That Your Brother Printing Machine is Turned On
- If you don’t see anything on your Brother printing machine, then that means it isn’t turned on. Make certain that your printer is connected to a power source and switch on the printer.
- See if your device is showing up any error messages such as ink tank empty or paper jam issues. In case, you see any error on the screen, then perform the necessary steps to get rid of such problem.
Step 2: Check That Your Printing Device is Connected to the Router
- Make sure that there is no ethernet wire running between your router and Brother printer.
- Take a print out of the network configuration report. Press menu, then go to print reports, then select router configuration, and then press black start. This will print the router configuration report.
- Verify the connection status. If it shows connected, then continue with the next step. In case you come across any connectivity issues, then you must do something to solve your problem.
Step 3: Check Whether Your Printer Driver is Installed
- On your PC, launch the start menu and then click on run.
- Enter control printers in it and then click on OK.
- Please ensure that your Brother printer is also named in the list appearing in front of you. If the name of your Brother printer does not appear in the list, then that may be because of the improper driver installation.
- Also, check that your printer has been chosen as a default device. This is particularly necessary when you print applications using the print icons.
- You will see a check mark on the icon if you set your machine as a default printer. To make your printing machine a default printer, click on set as default by right clicking on your Brother printer icon.
Step 4: Please Ensure That Your Print Queue is Empty and Printer Status is Ready
- Go to start menu and then Run.
- Enter control printers and click on OK.
- Look for your Brother printer device from the list of printers and move your cursor to the icon of your Brother printer.
- Here is an example of what is going to happen after you place your cursor on Brother printer icon.
- Status: Ready
- Documents: 0
In case any documents are lined up, Select CANCEL ALL DOCS by right clicking on your Brother printer. The documents lined up will get cleared.
In Case the Status Says:
Use printer offline: Select the option of use printer online by right clicking on your Brother Printer icon. Else, you can uncheck the option of use printer offline.
Paused: If the status shows paused, then select RESUME PRINTING or or PAUSE PRINTING. The availability of options depends on the type of OS you use. This will allow you to continue with the printing.
Step 5: Connect Your Brother Printer to the Wireless Network
Prior to getting started with the process of establishing a wireless connection, carefully check the wireless connection settings of your router. Carefully read out the details related to the wireless connection by visiting the network configuration page of your router.
Connect Your Brother Printer to the Wireless Network:
Step 1 : Please make sure that DHCP settings of your router are enabled.
Step 2 : You may have to reset the network settings of your printing device if it was configured earlier for a network connection.
Step 3 : When your screen goes back to the date and time settings, then wait for the LAN menu to open up.
Step 4 : Press MENU 7(LAN), 2(WLAN), 3(SETUP WIZARD)
Step 5 : Enable WLAN. By doing so, the settings of your wireless network will become inactive.
Step 6 : After that, your printer unit will search for the wireless network and a list of network names will appear on the screen. Select your network from the list appearing in front of you.
Step 7 : Now, select INFRASTRUCTURE by using the up or down keys and select Ok.
Step 8 : Choose the encryption and authentication settings of your network.
- No encryption or authentication
- Authentication with WEP encryption
- Authentication with leap
- Authentication with wpa-psk
- Authentication without WEP encryption.
Step 9 : Select the right key and click on OK.
Step 10 : Go down to AES or TKIP for the type of encryption and press OK.
Step 11 : The printing unit will now try to connect with the wireless network by analyzing the details you’ve entered.
Step 12 : If CONNECTED message displays on the screen, then that means a successful connection has been established.If you don’t see this message, then try repeating the connection steps again.
So, these are some of the points that you should follow if your Brother printer keeps on losing wireless connection. In case your problem does not get solved by following all the points stated above, then you can uninstall your Brother printer drivers and then reinstall them. This will surely fix your brother printer disconnects from wifi connection problem.
If you are in search of troubleshooting steps that can allow you to overcome Wi-Fi connectivity woes that you are annoyed with, then read ahead. Here we can provide you with a bunch of solutions that can help you resolve your connectivity problems so that you can print your documents without any interruptions.