Connect My HP Deskjet 2544 Printer to WiFi:
Are you wondering about how to Connect My HP Deskjet 2544 Printer to WiFi? If yes, then you are in the right place. This post will help you with the steps to connect a supported HP printer to your wireless network. By setting up your printer, you can print from a computer on the same network without having to attach the printer to your computer. Remember not every HP printer has wireless functionality,
so just check whether your printer is capable of connecting to the Internet before continuing the below procedure to set up your HP printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network. For cases your network printer does not have WiFi feature, try to use the Ethernet Port for connecting it to the LAN.
Note: This step by step guide is for first-time connections only, new router or ISP setup, or to restore a lost connection.
Step 1: Prepare the Printer for Installation
Ensure that all your requirements are complete. Switch on the computer, the router, and start setting up the printer. To use your HP printer on a wireless network, you need to make sure the following things:
- You should have your computer system connected to any wireless network.
- Printer manufacturer HP always recommends broadband Internet access for downloading software, using web services, and installing printer updates.
- Ensure that your router and computer system is turned on.
- Make sure that your computer system and printer are connected to the same wifi network.
- Set up the printer, load paper into its paper input tray, and install the ink toner cartridges. You might require information and help while setting up the printer for the first time.
- Switch on the printer and position it within the router range during the initial setup procedure.
Step 2: Start Installation of Printer Software
On your computer system, initiate the HP full feature print driver and software installation procedure.
- Visit 123.hp.com/DJ2540 and click on the Download option. As the software download starts, the installation process begins automatically.
- A connect window opens during the installation. You will see two buttons, a STOP and Continue button. Don't click on the Continue button at this point.
Step 3: Restore Default Settings of the Wireless Printer
In order to ensure that you successfully connect the HP printer to Wifi, reset the wireless settings.
- Make sure that the printer is set ON.
- Continue installing the printer software if the wireless light is blinking.
- Press and hold the Power button on Printer.
- While you hold the power button, continue pressing the Start Copy Black button two times, and then pressing the Cancel button at least three times.
- Release the power button. The wireless LED light next to the wireless button starts blinking. Repeat the same steps in case the wireless light does not blink.
- Continue to the next step and start installing the software. The software setup takes approximately 20 minutes to complete using the HP auto wireless connect feature.
Step 4: Start the Software Installation Process
In order to finish setting up your HP printer, you have to install the printer software and connect it to your wireless network.
- Click Continue button in the HP installation Connect window.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions until a Connection Options screen opens up on your screen.
- A Connection Options screen will be displayed to you. Select Wireless - make a wireless connection to the printer, then click on Next option.
Next, one of the following screens will display the best method to complete the wireless setup for the HP printer.
- HP Auto Wireless Connect Method
Click on the Yes option and then click the Next button.
Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection-
- For wireless printer setup, you have to connect a USB cable from your computer to the printer and click on Next option. A prompt window is displayed which asks you to disconnect the USB cable after the setup completes.
- In case the installer does not find your printer model, go to Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows) for checking detailed troubleshooting steps.
- Further, continue the printer setup by following the on-screen instructions.
Note: This answer is applicable for HP Deskjet 2540, Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545, 2546, and 2548 printers and Windows computers.
Hope this post answers you the steps for your "Connect My HP Deskjet 2544 Printer to WiFi query.