Setup Brother MFC J491dw Printer:
If you want to know how to setup your Brother mfc j491dw printer, then take a look at the installation guide below.
1) Unbox Your Machine and Other Accessories
Take out your printer and other accessories like setup guide, ink cartridges, telephone line cord, power cord, and installation disc from the box. Take off the protective film and tape that is covering your printer.
2) Load Sheets in the Output Tray
- Pull out the output tray
- Lift the output tray cover
- Adjust the paper guides and load the paper
- After loading the sheets properly, push the output tray back into the printer machine.
3) Connect Your Brother Printer Device to a Power Source
In the next step to setup Brother mfc j491dw printer, connect the power wire of your printer to an electrical outlet and then power on the Brother printer machine.
4) Choose Your Language or Country for Initial Setup
Once you have turned on your printer machine, the next thing that you are required to do is to select the language or country. The option depends on the model you are using. If needed, carry out the instructions appearing on the LCD screen.
5) Select Date and Time
Set date and time by following the on-screen prompts.
6) Insert Ink Cartridges
Open the ink cartridge access door and disengage the orange protective part from the machine. Don’t throw this protective part away as you will be needing it if you will sell your machine.
Execute the steps displayed on the LCD screen for installing the ink tanks. The printer will begin preparing the ink tube for printing.
Note: Shake black ink cartridge at least 15 times prior to installing it in your printer.
7) Configure Machine Settings
The next thing that you are required to do setup Brother mfc j491dw printer is to configure the settings of your printer machine by carrying out the steps displayed on the screen once the initial cleaning process is over.
- Verify print quality
- Take a print out of the installation page
8) Choose Your Language
- Go to settings
- Press up and down arrow to select the following
- Choose initial setup and then select OK.
- Select local language and then select OK.
- Choose your language and then select OK.
- Press Exit or Stop.
9) Connect Your Printer to Your Laptop, Smartphone, or Tab
In the next step connect your printer device to your computer system, smartphone, or tab.
10) Connect Your Computer to Your Brother Printer Machine
- To connect your printer device to the computer system, insert the installation CD in the DVD or CD drive. Alternately, you can download the software package by going to support.Brother.com/windows.
- If you are a Windows user and the Brother screen is not appearing on your device automatically, then go to Computer, My Computer and then go to This PC.
- If you are a Mac user, then use full driver functionality by selecting the CUPS driver at the time of adding a printer.
- If you are not able to connect using Wi-Fi, then restart your router. After that, restart your computer system and perform all the steps again that are given in point 10.
11) Alternate Wi-Fi Setup
- Locate your network name and password on your wireless router.
- Now, on your printer machine, select Wi-Fi on the panel and then select OK for selecting [Setup Wizard]. The [Enable WLAN?] message will pop up on the screen.
- Press the right arrow key to choose yes.
- After that, select the SSID name of your router and enter the passphrase. For further details, go through the section of “Enter text on your Brother machine” in the online user manual. You will see [connected] on the LCD screen once the wireless connection gets established.