HP Printer Error Code 20
This HP Printer Error Code 20 is caused by some issues with the HP printer which is not being correctly configured on your computer properly.
This error basically shows up whenever your computer to try and print a document, image and you then decide to print that document with your HP printer the following error message might show up.
There are some reasons which are responsible for the Error Code 20 , including the following:
- The particular printer thay you are using is not set as the default printer.
- The printer drivers are not updated or they are missing.
- There are conflicts in the device manager.
- Registry errors on your computer.
Follow These Steps to fix Error Code 20.
Step 1 – Check That the Printer is Set As The Default Printer :
- > Click Start button > Printer and Faxes.
- Check Printer
- If the check mark is missing, right-click on the printer and click the Set as Default Printer option.
- Once its done that, just right-click on the printer and select the Print Test Page to print a self-test page.
If the page prints the Text page, exit the printer settings and try printing other documents. if that is not helpful, then follow the methods in Step 2.
Step 2 – Reinstall The USB Composite Device Drivers.
- Open run> in run type command “devmgmt.msc” and hit enter.
- Then , Click the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager option.
- After that in the Device Manager window, double click Universal Serial Bus Controllers option.
- Then , Right-click on USB Composite Device, select uninstall and click OK.
- After that disconnect the USB cable from your system and plug it again.
- After that for install the drivers, just follow the on screen instructions in the Found New Hardware Wizard.
- Then Click Start, select Printer and Faxes to open the Printers Settings.
- After that, search the icon which represents your HP printer and then click Print Test Page, which will print a window self-test page.
If the self-test page prints successfully, try to print out other documents.
Step 3 – Uninstall And Reinstall The HP Software
If the following steps do not work to resolve the HP Printer Error Code 20, then you should uninstall and reinstall HP printer software. To do this you should the built-in Add/Remove Programs utility.
NOTE : For Downloading the latest drivers visit HP Official Support Web site ( https://support.hp.com/ )