HP Envy 5530 Wireless Setup:
Are you wondering how to setup HP Envy 5530 printer wireless for Windows and Mac? Well, this document will guide you HP envy 5530 wireless setup for Windows computers and Macs. For setting up HP printer on a wifi network, firstly connect the printer to the network, then install the required driver and software for the HP printer.
The drivers are available on the official HP website separately for Windows computer and Mac computer. You can download depending on your system type. When asked for the installation process, select Wireless option as the connection type.
How to Setup HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer for Windows?
Step 1: Prepare for the Wireless Connection
Before you setup wireless network on your HP printer, collect some necessary information, like network name and password. Then switch on your router, printer machine, and computer.
Network name: This network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).
Network password: This password is the WEP key or WPA security passphrase required to connect the computer to the wireless network.
Internet access: For any driver or software downloads, HP recommends broadband Internet connection through cable or DSL. You can use Web Services for getting printer updates.
Make sure that you have turned on the router and computer. Also, they should be connected to the same wifi network to which you are connecting the printer. To setup the printer, turn it on and place it near the computer and within range of the router network.
Remove any connected USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Connect Printer to the Wireless Network
- With the help of Wireless Setup Wizard, you can easily setup and manage the wireless connection properties of your printer.
- Switch on your printer if not turned on.
- Press the Wireless icon given the control panel of the printer. You will see the Wireless Summary screen on front.
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard in Touch Settings.
- Now, follow the further instructions directed on the control panel and connect the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3: Download and Install the Printer Software
- This is the last phase to setup HP Envy 5530 wireless printer. So, here you will complete the wireless network connection setup via HP software installation.
- NOTE: If you don't want to download the software from official printer website, then as an alternative method you can use the installation CD.
- Next, visit 123.hp.com.
- Provide info like printer model number, and then click on Begin option.
- Now, click on the Download button. Then you can click Open, Save, or Run in any windows which downloads the driver on your computer.
- Next, you have to double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar. You can also reach the file in the Downloads folder of your computer which launches the driver installation.
- Next, you can follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless connection setup and printer driver installation.
- Visit back to the 123.hp.com URL through your web browser. Finally, here you can complete the printer registration and activation process.
How to Setup HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer for Mac?
Step 1: Prepare for Install HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer
- Before you setup HP Envy 5530 wireless printer for Mac, gather details network name and password required to connect your computer to the wifi network.
- Ensure to turn on your router, printer, and Mac.
- Remove any connected USB or Ethernet cables from the backside of printer.
Step 2: Connect HP Envy 5530 Printer to WiFi
- With the help of Wireless Setup Wizard, setup and manage the printer wireless connection on your mac easily.
- Turn on the printer if not turned before.
- Touch the Wireless icon on the printer control panel which shows the Wireless Summary screen.
- Now, select the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Connect the printer to your wireless network following the control panel instructions.
Step 3: Download and Install HP Envy 5530 Printer Driver
- Visit 123.hp.com to download and install the most current version of your printer. Be specific with your model.
- From the dropdown, select your printer and then click the Begin Download.
- A file gets downloaded named xxxx.dmg in the browser downloads bar or downloads folder.
- Double click HP Inkjet SW to start installation.
- When asked, close the installation software screen.
- Next, the HP Utility software opens where you can select the name of your printer and click Continue.
- Add your printer.
- Click Continue button in the installer Add Printer window.
- Complete the setup following on-screen instructions.
Hope this post has answered your question "How will I setup HP Envy 5530 wireless printer?".
How do I Setup My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer?