Causes of the HP Fax Error Code 346
one experiences the uncommon and upsetting HP Fax Error Code 346. This problem can prevent you from sending a fax to the recipient; once it happens, it isn't easy to fix. Although there isn't much you can do to solve the problem; anything is preferable to doing nothing. Do you need to know the cause of and solution to this error? Read this blog to get the answers you're looking for.
When using your HP Officejet Pro 8600 to fax something, you may get HP Fax Error Code 346.
There are several causes for the problem, some of which are listed below:
- The location to which you are attempting to fax is typically the problem. The receiver's fax machine could be experiencing network problems or not responding.
- Before it fully sent the fax, you inadvertently pressed the STOP button.
- A Broken Connection
- Any issue involving power, including power outages,
- Other problems with phone lines, such as excessive line traffic or damaged lines.
Any of the issues mentioned earlier could result in Error Code 346 HP Fax and prevent you from sending a fax. If you are also experiencing this error, you must read the remainder of the blog to learn how to fix it.
How to Self-Troubleshoot HP Fax Error Code 346
You can do several diagnostic procedures to resolve HP Fax Error Code 346. However, it would help if you contacted the person you are trying to fax before you begin. The transmission cancellation from the receiver's side can also result in HP Error Code 346. If that is the cause, getting in touch with him will let you know, and you won't need to go through these troubleshooting steps.
- You can also try faxing the same document to a different person to determine whether the problem is on your end or the recipients.
- Try waiting for time to test whether the bad phone line gets better. Contact your telephone provider to check for any line problems if you can still not send the fax.
- Turn off Error Correction mode (ECM) and see if you can fax it immediately. On the receiver side, issues with poor image quality are likewise resolved by disabling ECM. By doing this, the received document will be of higher quality overall.
- If you try to transmit the fax at a fast transmission speed, HP Fax Error Code 346 may also appear. Your HP OfficeJet printer can correct the issue by changing to slower data transmission. The steps listed below will show you how to reduce fax speed:
- Click the Right Arrow on the home screen of your printer.
- The Setup menu, then choose the submenu for fax.
- Select the Advanced Fax Setup by navigating.
- Find the Fax Speed option and choose a slow transmission speed, such as 9600.
- If the document you are attempting to send is particularly huge, break it up into smaller documents before attempting to transmit it. Ask the remote user if he received the fax correctly.
- You can try shifting your printer machine to any other area where the network is adequately accessible if the problem is with the phone connection. Send the fax once more after that to determine if the mistake has been corrected.
- Finally, after carrying out the procedures mentioned earlier, restart your HP printer and try sending the fax to the same recipient again after some time.
If you take the above actions, you won't encounter the HP Fax Error Code 346 or any other errors when sending the fax. However, don't feel alone and contact us if the problem continues. Even if you have a problem with a laptop, printer, or scanner from HP, our skilled and knowledgeable professionals at HP Support can solve it.