Have you ever used Lexmark printer to scan a document? Well, you can use your printer as scanner to improve work efficiency. Nowadays, people rarely buy scanners for scanning various documents. Instead they use their printer for dual purpose, printing, and scanning.
Likewise, you can also scan a document from Lexmark printer to computer system. Here given is a step by step guide to scan a document from Lexmark printer to computer has been discussed below:
Whatever document you want to print using Lexmark printer has to be pre-saved in your computer system. Likewise when you are about to scan a document, make sure that your printer is connected to your computer. This is because when you scan a document, it will be saved to the connected computer or device.
So, lets quickly start with the following steps below.
Step 1: Ensure that your printer and computer system are connected. For the scanning operation to work, ensure that the printer and computer are well connected and are in a working mode.
If in case they are not connected or working properly, setup their connection again. Always make sure that the connection should be rightly done before you start scanning a document.
Step 2: Now, it's time to load the original document. In this step, load the original document face down inside the ADF or under the scanner glass.
Step 3: In the step, click on scan mode option. As you press the scan button, the document scanning takes place.
Step 4: Next, press the arrow buttons. With the help of left and right arrows, keep pressing until you reach the destination of their scan.
Step 5: Next, click on Start Color/ Start Black option. In this step, choose the appropriate scan option. You have to choose among these two options as Color and black scan.
As soon as you select this option, this calls for saving of the scan document. For this purpose, you should first click the save option.
Later in this step, set the name and format of the scanned file. Also, choose the desired location for saving the file. Once all the options are set, select the save option.
Please make sure that these points are followed while you scan a document from Lexmark printer to computer.
1. Make use of the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) mode when you are printing multiple-page documents. This type of printing mode is appropriate for A4, letter or legal size documents.
2. Make use of the scanner glass for printing single pages. This kind of mode is suitable for printing small pieces like (postcards or photos), transparencies, photo paper, or thin media (such as magazine clippings).
3. You can also choose to save the scanned image to a memory card or flash drive. For this, insert a memory device which is not write-protected. Use the arrow buttons until the Memory Card appears. Select the appropriate quality and image size for the scan. Do not remove device until the file has been saved.
4. Likewise, you can save the scanned image to a computer over network (selected models only). Use arrow buttons until Network name or computer name appears. You may be asked to enter the PIN of the computer over network. Next, you have to wait till the printer completes the downloading for the scan applications list. Here, you can select the required quality and image size for the scan document with the help of arrow buttons.
5. If you are using a WiFi connected scanner, ensure that your Lexmark printer is connected to the same WiFi network as your computer.
6. You can also use a free scanning software that comes along your operating system (Windows Fax and Scan on Windows, Image Capture on Mac OS X), and then press scan. If that option doesn’t work, install a scanner driver.
Thus, carefully follow all the above listed points in order to scan documents using your Lexmark printer and further to save it in your PC. If in case your printer gets stuck in an issue, you can anytime contact the Lexmark support team for assistance.
Hope the simple steps in this guide are helpful & provide tips on how to scan a document from Lexmark printer to computer.
How to Scan a Document from Lexmark Printer to Computer?
The answer field is required.