Align Printer Cartridges in Windows 10:
You know the cartridge alignment is off when the printed page has jagged lines or poor print quality, especially at the edges. The text or image may not print at all.
The print carriage sways from side to side as the paper passes vertically across the printer as you print a page. Until the printing is finished, the ink cartridges layer different combinations of translucent printing inks in tiny lines. For the print line to be straight, each cartridge must print on the same horizontal surface.
When Your Printer Cartridges May Fall Out of Alignment
- You finish a job for massive prints.
- A paper is jammed in the machine.
- You didn't correctly install the cartridges.
- When filthy or congested, they may also misalign.
Align printer cartridges in Windows 10 is a fully automated procedure. Just start it. That's all there is to it. The option of manual alignment is also available. The latter fix tiny discrepancies that automatic alignment could miss. Manual alignment can be done if required.
A Windows 10 Computer's Print Cartridge Alignment Procedure
Even though all printers require the same fundamental steps, each brand may have a few minor variations.
Ensure the updated software for your printer model is installed on your PC before you start. For this, you can utilise Auslogics Driver Updater. Relying only on the printer software that comes with Windows 10 is not advised.
We'll discuss how to align printer cartridges for Canon, HP, Brother, and Epson printers in more broad terms. You must be mindful that the ability to align print cartridges is part of your upgraded software.
Align Canon Printer Cartridges in Windows 10
- Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to the printer.
- After typing "Run" into the Cortana search box, choose the Run app from the results list. Pressing the Windows logo + R on your keyboard will open the dialogue box.
- In the dialogue box, enter "Control Printers" and click OK or press Enter.
- Go to Printing Preferences by right-clicking on the printer after finding it.
- Click Custom Settings under Maintenance in the printing preferences window.
- To have the procedure run automatically, uncheck Align Print Heads Manually.
- Select OK.
- You must load some paper into the printer before starting the alignment method since a test page will be printed.
- In infrequent circumstances, you might have to repeat the alignment procedure several times for optimum print quality.
Align HP Printer Cartridges in Windows 10
- Press the power button on the printer and connect it to your computer.
- Open the printer software installed on your PC or HP Printer Assistant.
- To open the toolbox window for your printer, click Maintain Your Printer under Print and Scan.
- Select Device Services in the window to access the options for maintaining your printer.
- Click Align Ink Cartridges, then adhere to the directions.
As was already described, a test page will be printed during the procedure. Enter the necessary information so that the software can finish the alignment.