Connect HP Printer to Your Computer:
Connecting your printer to a computer system has become a lot simpler than ever before. As we are moving into the digital age, it seems as if the complexity, sizes, colors, and numbers get lost in translation. When you feel like, you exactly know how to connect point A to point B, it may take just more than plugging in and out to get the best of the results.
In this world of innovative technology, there are two forms of printing that are wired and wireless. Here, you will learn everything that you need to know about how to connect an HP printer to your computer or laptop.
How to Connect a Printer Using a USB Wire to Computer-
Take a USB wire and use it to connect your computer to the printer. Based on the operating system of your computer, you will get to know that a connection has been established and then you will need to download the driver to complete the installation.
When you receive the notification, open the notification. After that, you will have to walk through the steps given below.
Step 1: Open the Settings of Windows
- Launch the Start menu by going to the bottom left corner of the screen.
- At the end of the left-most column, you will view a gear icon linked to the settings Window.
Step 2: Access Devices
- In the initial two rows of the settings, search for the icon of Devices.
- In the left corner of the window of devices, choose "Printers and Scanners".
- The new windows will open up where you will see the option of "Add printer or scanner".
Step 3: Connect the Printer to Computer
- After clicking on the option of Add printer or scanner, Windows will detect your printer device connected to a USB cable.
- In case the name of your printer shows up, then select it and get done with the installation as per the instructions on your computer.
Now, your printer should be connected and ready to print documents.
How to Connect an HP Printer Using a Wireless Network?
If you wish to connect a wireless printer, then it can be quite challenging. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to connect HP printer to your computer.
Step 1: Locate the Settings
- When your printer is powered on and is ready for configuration, then you will be required to connect your printer to the wireless network at your home.
- However, the steps for installation may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, some of the printers have an LCD screen that displays the list of available wireless networks.
- On your screen, search around and find the setup page that enables you to adjust the LAN settngs.
Step 2: Connect Your WiFi Network
- Once you are able to access your LAN settings, then the next thing that you need to do is to find your SSID.
- You can find the network name by pointing your mouse over the Wi-Fi icon. that is present at the bottom right of the taskbar.
- Your SSID is given at the side or end of the router provided by the internet sevice provider.
Step 3: Connect
- With the network name selected, the next thing that you need to do is to enter the password.
- Once you are done entering the password, then you will be all ready for the printing activity.
Step 4: Locate the Settings of Your Printer
- Launch the Start menu by clicking on the Windows icon at the end of the computer screen.
- Search for the link of the gear icon to your settings window and then select the "Devices" icon.
Step 5: Connect Your Printer to the PC
- Within the screen of Devices, you need to search for the option of "Add a printer or scanner".
- After clicking on the Add a printer or scanner option, the name of your printer along with the model number and name of the manufacturer will show up on the screen.
- Click on "Add device" and your PC will do everything else to complete the wireless configuration.
- Now print
So, these are the steps that you need to perform to connect HP printer to your computer.