Fix HP Smart Test Error Code 303:
The HP DeskJet, inkjet and laserjet printers with a variety of choices make it one of the best printer producing companies that are used all over the world. But as we all know electronic gadgets are man-made and thus may experience technical problems and glitches.
But there is nothing to be worried about or get paranoid about as there are proper solutions that you can implement and solve the technical problems which are experienced by your computer.
What is an Error Code 303?
An error code 303 in HP printers signifies that the hard disk or the HDD has failed and thus you need to fix HP smart test error code 303 if you face this error in your notebook or your desktop. To avoid any more issues there are certain things you should follow immediately like-
- Start taking backups of all your important files and folders in your notebook or computer because you need to replace your HDD that has failed.
- Give the notebook to the nearest HP dealer after backing up to get it fixed if its under warranty.
- You can try to fix it yourself if your HP printer is not under warranty by following some very easy techniques enlisted below.
Fixing the HP Smart Test Error Ccode 303
Go through the following steps for a hassle-free and safe procedure. Please follow the following steps before removing the hard disk
- Switch off or turn off your computer but do not put it in sleep mode. Just disconnect all output devices connected to it by turning it off from the operating system.
- Disconnect your computer from the main electric line and remove the battery.
You can now remove your hard disk drive after following the above-mentioned step. Now you need to follow the below-mentioned steps for removing the hard disk drive.
- Position the computer properly with the front facing towards you.
- Carefully open the screws that secure the hard disk drive in the port.
- To remove the port cover, lift the right side of it.
- Lift the hard disk drive and slide it to the left to release it from the hard disk drive bay.
- Now disconnect the hard disk cable from the bay and finally, remove the hard disk drive from the bay.
Follow the Below-Mentioned Steps for Replacing the Hard Drive
You need to remove the following parts to replace the hard disk drive which includes-
- The hard disk connector cable
- Four rubber isolators
- 4 screws that secure the Mylar cover and the drive bracelet rails to the hard drive.
- Right and left hard disk drive bracelet rail with Mylar cover.
- Install the new hard disk and reverse this procedure step-by-step to reassemble. This is the process to remove and reinstall a new hard disk drive but there are certain times when you still might get the message of error code 303, then you might need to contact the customer care or HP dealer to fix the problem.
The Hewlett-Packard company is commonly referred to as HP is one of the renowned names in the hardware business as it sells a lot of products starting from hardware components, laptops, printers and output and input devices to full desktop setup. The variety of products produced by the company makes it one of the best of its kind and one such hardware device is the HP printer that is widely acclaimed all over the world.