Fix Paper Jam in HP Officejet Pro 8710:
Carry out the steps mentioned below to fix paper jam in HP officejet pro 8710.
Step 1: Removed Jammed Printer From the Machine
Pages can get stuck in any part of your printer machine. If you are not able to locate paper jam in one particular location, then search for the jammed paper in some other area.
A) Take Out Jammed Paper From the Input Tray
- Tape out the input tray.
- Remove all the pages that are stuck in that area. Use both hands to pull out the paper so that the pages don’t tear.
- Push the tray back into the machine. Try printing a document. If the error is still persisting, then check if there is any paper jammed in any other area of the machine.
B) Take Out Jammed Pages From the Ink Cartridge Access Area
Take out the stuck or loose page in the ink cartridge access area.
- Power off your printer device and remove the power cable and other wires.
- Keep your fingers in the slit that is on the left of your printer machine and pull out the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait for the carriage to become stable and silent.
- If the carriage is not stuck, then move it towards the right or left to take out any jammed paper. Use both hands to remove the paper so that it doesn’t tear.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door.
- Now, reconnect the power wire to the side of the printer and power on your device.
- Try printing a document and see if the paper jam is cleared, if not then search for jammed paper in some other area.
C) Remove Jammed Pages from the Side of the Printer
- Power off your printer machine
- Turn the device around so that the rear side faces in your direction.
- On your rear access door, you will see two tabs. Press those tabs to open the access door and take out jammed paper.
- Now, pull the paper path cover out of your machine.
- See if there is any jammed paper there and remove it. Use both hands to avoid tearing.
- Clean the debris and remove tiny bits of paper from the rear of your printer if you see any.
- Push the paper path cover back into the machine.
- Now, shut the access door.
- Reconnect the power wire of your printer to the socket.
Step 2: Ensure Free Movement of Carriage
- Power on your printer machine.
- Keep your fingers in the slot that is at the left side of your printer for opening the ink cartridge access door. The carriage will start moving in the ink cartridge access area.
- Wait for the carriage to become silent before you proceed.
- Now, disconnect the power wire from the side of your printer and let the device remain powered on.
- See if any object or paper is stuck in the printer which is creating an obstruction in the printing process.
- Look inside the printer through ink cartridge access door and move the carriage using your hand.
- If the carriage is stuck towards the right of the printer, then move it towards the left.
- In case the carriage is stuck at the left, then move it towards the right of your printer.
- In case the carriage is stuck in the center, then move it towards the right.
- Take out any loose paper.
- Please ensure free movement of carriage across the printer’s breadth. Push the carriage towards the right of the printer and then towards the left.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door.
- Reconnect the power cable to the power source and power on your printer machine.
- Try to print a document and if the issue still remains, then perform the next step.
Step 3: Clean the Paper Feed Rollers
Dirt, paper fiber, and other dust can get accumulated on the paper feed rollers, which can lead to paper jam. Clean up the rollers in your printer and then try to print a document.
Clean the Ink Cartridge Access Area
- Power off your printer and detach the power wire from the rear of the printer. Place your fingers on the left of your printer to open the ink cartridge access door.
- Take a lint-free cloth and dip it in water. Squeeze out the extra water from the cloth.
- Press the cloth against the roller. Use your fingers to move the roller in the upwards direction. Apply medium pressure to clean any debris or dust that is accumulated.
- Wait for 10 minutes and let the rollers dry out completely.
- Insert ink cartridge door back into the printer.
- Reconnect the power cord to the side of the printer and then power on your device.
- Now, try to print a document. If it doesn’t print, then clean other parts of the paper feed roller. To fix this problem, remove the dirt from the rollers that are in the rear of the machine and rollers in Automatic Document Feeder.
Step 4: Reset Your HP Printer
Sometimes the paper jam error arises even when there are no pages stuck in the printer. This is called a false paper jam.
To fix paper jam in HP OfficeJet printer, reset your printer. Mentioned below are the steps that you need to carry out to reset your printer.
- Power on your printer.
- Wait for it to get silent and idle prior to proceeding with the next step.
- Now, remove the power wire from the side of the printer.
- After that, disconnect the power cord from the electric receptacle.
- Wait for one minute and then reconnect the power cord to the receptacle. Also, reconnect it to the rear of your printer.
- Power on your printer in case it does not get turned on automatically.
- Wait for your device to become stable and silent before you continue.
Try printing a document after resetting your device, if this also doesn’t help you with your problem, then you are only left with one last option of servicing your printer machine.
So, this was everything you need to know about how to fix paper jam in HP OfficeJet printer.