Setup HP Envy 5540 Wireless Printer:
HP Envy 5540 is comes under all-in-one printer series and it comes with 256 MB standard DDR 3 memory. HP envy 5540 printer has 100 sheets as input capacity and its output capacity is up to 25 sheets. Printer’s speed on printing black printout is 10PPM and on color printout is 7 page per minute and its monthly duty cycle is up to 1250 page. This printer comes with a one year warranty.
Suppose if you have purchased this all-in-one printer and you want to set it up at your home or office. So if you are a technical person, you do not get any kind of trouble during setup but if you are not a technical person, you have to call technical person for setting it up.
If you do not want to call technical person, kindly go through this article up to end which will give you complete idea to setting it up from scratch and provide instruction to setup HP envy 5540 wireless printer.
HP Envy 5540 Wireless Printer Setup for Windows:
Prepare your HP envy 5540 installation on windows:
- First you need to know your wireless network name and security keyword.
- Thereafter switch on the wireless router and windows computer.
- Establish a connection between windows computer and wireless router too which allows you to connect your http://123.hp.com/envy 5540 printer.
- You need to keep HP envy 5540 printer close to window computer to easy access and you need to make sure that your HP envy 5540 printer is within the optimum range of wireless router.
Connect with the Wireless Network in HP Envy 5540 Windows:
- First you need to go into the printer's control panel.
- Choose the wireless wizard from the control panel. If network name is available in the wireless wizard list, you need to click on the network name.
- If the network name is not on the list, you need to type your network wireless network name and password and configured the wizard settings.
- After adding the network name, you need to follow on-screen instructions for connection with the wireless network.
Download and Installation the HP Envy 5540 Software:
- First you need to switch on HP printer 5540 device and windows computer.
- Thereafter you need to visit HP printer website to download printer driver.
- Thereafter type the printer model name and give the next option, until you reach the driver download page.
- From the driver download page, you need to choose the compatible HP envy 5540 printers driver.
- Thereafter download and install the HP envy 5540 printer driver with the manual instructions.
Procedure to Connect HP Envy 5540 Printer to Laptop:
- Use wired and wireless network to connect HP envy 5540 printer with laptop.
- For the wired connection, it is advised to use a USB cable or Ethernet cable and for the wireless connection make use of active wireless network. You need to know your wireless network name and security keyword.
- First you need to install the HP envy 5540 printer driver on your laptop.
- Printer driver software will allow you to make the choice of your preferred connection type.
- Now you need to choose the connection type which will be convenient for you.
- If you choose the wireless network, then you need to navigate through network section and configure the wireless setup .
- If you choose wired network, then you need to connect HP envy 5540 printer and your laptop via USB cable.
Some Basic Troubleshooting:
What to do if We do not Know Network Name or Password for HP Envy 5540 Printer-
- To finding out your network name and password for which you are connected previously with your operating devices, you need to use network and sharing center.
- Click on the wireless network icon and open network sharing center.
- Choose the name of wireless network name which gets displayed on the screen and then click on the wireless properties.
- Then choose the security tab and click on the show character icon to know the network password.
HP Envy 5540 Printer does not Keep up its Wireless Connection:
- First you need to verify whether you have chosen the correct wireless network to connect the device.
- Thereafter you need to validate your wireless network stability. Check whether wireless connectivity is stable or not without interruption.
- After the confirmation of stability and reliability of wireless network , you need to move on http://123.hp.com/envy 5540 printer device to find out any hardware and software issue. If issue is persist.
- Thereafter you need to install the HP print and scan doctor and run the HP print and scan doctor to diagnose and fix any type of wireless connection issue.
This is the detailed document on how to setup HP envy 5540 wireless printer and if you feel any kind of issue, you can contact HP customer support to resolve your issue any time.