Troubleshoot HP LaserJet When it Fails to Pick Up Paper:
One of the most prominent issues that HP users come across is that Laserjet printer sometimes fail to pick up the paper. There is also a possibility that the printer is picking up several papers at the same time from the tray.
These issues can cause you a lot of trouble and can lead to inconvenience when you have important pending print jobs. Therefore, it is important for you to apply the necessary troubleshooting steps to fix the problem whenever it arises.
Mentioned below are some of the tips that you can follow in order to troubleshoot HP LaserJet printer when it fails to pick up paper.
Mentioned Below are a Few Steps that You can Carry Out to Make Your HP Printer Work.
Step 1: The first thing that you need to do is to remove any paper stuck in the machine. Also, you need to ensure that there is no torn paper inside the machine.
Step 2: Load the sheets with the exact size which is allowed by the printer.
Step 3: Also, you need to make sure that the paper type and size are rightly entered on the control panel of your printer.
Step 4: Please make sure that the paper guides in the tray are rightly marked for the size of the paper. Take a look at the guide and ensure that there is a right marking on the tray.
- Please ensure that the paper guides are not adjusted against the stack of paper. The indentation needs to be precise.
- Also, you need to ensure that the room’s humidity conditions are as per the limits specified. Moreover, the paper must be kept in a dry environment, so that it does not get ruined. The paper is generally wrapped in a moisture-proof wrapper.
- Another thing that you need to keep in mind is to store the paper in the unopened packages. Usually, the stack of paper is sold in moisture-proof wrapping in order to keep it dry and safe. If the sheets get exposed to humidity, then there is a chance that the paper may absorb moisture. If such a thing happens, then the best thing that you can do is to remove 10 sheets from the top of the bundle.
- In case the ream of paper is kept in a less humid area, then it may build a level of electricity with time, which may cause the pages to stick with one another. If such a thing happens, then you are required to remove the stack of paper from the printer first. Hold the stack of paper from both the ends.
- Now, use your hands to form a U shape. Then, make another U in the reverse direction. After that, change the sides and then move the paper in your hands. The longer side of the paper will remain in your hands. Move the sides upwards to create another U. Do the same in the opposite direction.
Some Important Points to Carry Out
- The next thing that you need to do is to check if your printer is going offline again. Please make sure that your printer is online when you are using it.
- Also, make sure that the control panel of your printer is showing up a prompt to place the paper in the manual mode. After that, load the sheets in the tray and continue.
- There is a chance that the rollers located above the tray are not clean or contaminated. You can clean the same using a lint-free cloth dipped in water.
- There is a chance that the tray rollers are worn. Check and ensure that there is a smooth surface around the rollers. Check properly because sometimes one side is worn and sometimes both sides are worn.
- Also, you must make sure that the fuser maintenance kit is not running low. In case it is running low, then it needs to be replaced immediately. In order to
- check the maintenance kit, you need to go to the Supplies Status page. These rollers come with a kit.
- After that, if you feel that there is a need to replace the roller kit, then you must replace it.
Things to Do When Your Printer Picks up Many Sheets at Once
- The first thing that you need to ensure is that the paper you are using is meeting the HP specifications.
- Also, you need to check the sheets carefully and ensure that none of them is folded, turned, damaged, or wrinkled. If required, then you must use another set of paper.
- Another thing that you need to make sure of is that the tray should not be overfilled with paper.
In case you require some more help with the printer-related issues or your HP printer device keeps on going offline even though a proper connection has been established, then you must take assistance from the HP printer team.