Turn HP OfficeJet Pro 8630 Offline to Online:
There are several factors responsible for the occurrence of issues and errors in getting your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 offline. In an everyday scenario, you might look at the printer menu which shows the printer offline message or if you want to print a document you click on the option to select your printer but nothing happens.
In this case, through simple checks and steps, you can get your printer back online very quickly and easily. Sometimes while printing, the device or computer thinks that the printer is offline but actually the printer is on and ready to start printing.
This scenario is caused by an error between your computer or device and the printer or it may be the cable that is not correctly attached to your printer or computer or a simple error coming from a paper jam.
The offline error of your printer may also occur due to the problem with your software or printer driver depending on the age of your printer or when you have or haven't installed updates. To turn HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 offline to online you need to go through a certain troubleshooting process.
Turning Your HP Office Jet Pro 8630 Offline to Online
Cable and Physical Printer Check
- Check whether both ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted or not along with the ethernet cable properly connected to your router. Also, check whether it is connected to a proper internet connection if the printer is wireless.
- Try using the end of the printer cable in multiple sockets for ports on your device if you are connected by cable or try using a different cable to make sure that the fault is not with the cable. To make sure your printer is working, try a simple check by attaching a cable to your device or computer if you are on a network or wireless device as the problem may be due to a poor network connection.
Manually Setting the Printer to Online Mode
- On the bottom left of your screen go to the start icon and choose control panel and then devices and printers option
- Select see what's printing by right-clicking the printer in question
- Open choose printer option in the windows from the menu bar at the top
- From the dropdown menu select the use printer online option.
Remove All Pending Print Jobs
- Right-click and cancel any print jobs present from the see what’s printing menu mentioned previously.
- Removing all the print jobs select use printer online again
- Try restarting both your printer and PC if any suborn print jobs remain.
Reinstalling and Removing Your Printer
- Select Remove device after right-clicking the printer from device and printer option.
- By selecting the Add a printer option adds the printer from the device and printers.
Another Way to Get Your HP Printer Back Online
- Go to settings and then printers option and right-click on the printer and select use printer online option
- If there are any print jobs then clear them and double-click on the selected printer
- Select cancel all documents by going to printer menu.
If There is a Printer Jam That has Caused the Printer to Show an Error or Go Offline Then
- Try to print again to set the printer back online and print a test page to see if the error has been resolved.
- Switch the printer off and then turn it back again and check to see if the printer has a jam that can create an error
- Check all the wireless connections and network connections to make sure all the connections are working and restart the computer or device.
You will have to Reinstall the Driver If This isn't Working
- Go to settings and then printer option to select the printer and reinstall the drivers
- Choose properties after right-clicking on the printer option.
- Under the details or general look for the driver button, click on it, and choose the driver again.
- You might need to download the driver from the HP printer manufacturer's website.
- Reinstall the printer and go back to select printer under the option printers in the settings menu
- Reinstall the printer again through add printer wizard after deleting the printer from the menu
- Try to use the latest printer driver from the official website of HP printer.