HP Envy Says Out of Paper:
Take a look at the condition of the paper and make sure that your printer machine is kept on a flat surface. Go to the print driver and make adjustments in the paper settings and clean the rollers of paper feed. You may also have to service your printer to get rid of this problem.
Method 1: Check the Condition of the Paper and Then Load it Again
Paper feed problems may arise as a result of bent, wrinkled, curled, dusty, or ripped paper. Take a look at the instructions below to learn how to get rid of this problem.
- Use high-quality paper to meet the specification requirements of your HP Envy 5642 printer.
- Keep all the papers in a cool and dry place. Paper feed issues can occur if the paper is kept in a humid environment.
- Don’t feed the paper that is already printed. The moisture of the ink can make paper stick with one another.
- Before you load the paper again wati for it to display the load paper message.
Step 1: Check the Condition of the Paper Which You are Using
It is important for you to ensure that the paper you are using is in good condition and is properly stacked in the input tray. Moreover, you need to see that there are no obstructions in the way of the paper tray.
- Let the printer remain turned on and disconnect the power wire from the side of the printer.
- Take out the stack of paper from the tray.
- Get rid of all the obstructions inside and around the tray. Take a torch and see if there is anything blocking the path of the paper. Even bits of paper can lead to paper feed problems.
- Carefully, check the condition of the sheets that you have placed in the tray and see if there is any bent, curled, ripped, wrinkled, or dusty paper. If there is any, then take it out of the tray.
- Please ensure that the paper, which is in the stack is of the same type and size. All the sheets loaded should be of the same size. The paper used should not be of a different size. Only one kind of paper can be processed at once.
- Keep the sheets on a flat surface and align its corners.
- Please ensure that the reams of paper do not have less than 10 sheets and not above 25 sheets.
Step 2: Please Ensure that Your HP Envy 5642 Printer Machine is Kept on a Flat Surface
- Move your printer machine towards the right.
- Clean the surface beneath and near the place where your printer machine is kept.
- Bits of paper stuck in the input tray
- Hard and small objects like books, pencil, pen, and paper.
- Uneven or soft surface such as carpets like and Placemat material
- Get rid of any obstructions that may get in the way.
- Put your printer back in the normal place.
- Connect the wire to the side of your printer.
- Tap on OK to get rid of any messages that may appear on the control panel of your printer.
Step 3: Load the Paper Again
Load plain sheets like A-4 size paper. Please ensure that the shiny or print side of the paper is faced down in the tray.
- Open the door of the paper tray and pull it in your direction to extend it.
- Pull out the extender and then lift the paper catch.
- Slide the guides of the paper in the outer position
- Load the ream of plain white paper with a short edge forward.
- Insert the tray and keep on pushing until it clicks into the place.
Step 4: Print the Status Report of Your Printer
Print a test page to ensure that the hardware is functioning in a proper manner. In case a print page does not get printed in the first go, then try loading a different stack of plain sheets in the tray and then try one more time to print the test page.
- On the control panel of your printer machine, press the down arrow, then choose tools and then select ok.
- Press the arrow to print the status report of your printer and then select OK. Then, the printer will print test page.
- If the test page gets printed successfully, then move ahead with the next step.
- In case the test page does not get printed, then try fixing your problem of HP Envy printer says out of paper by applying the next solution.
Step 5: Try to Print an Original Document
If the test page does not get printed successfully, then try to print an original document. If the document gets printed, then the problem will get resolved within seconds.
Method 2: Adjust the Settings of Your Printer in the Print Driver
You may come across the error of HP Envy 5642 printer says out of paper, if the type of paper and the size of paper and type settings in the printer driver. Carry out the steps below to change the paper type and paper size settings in the print driver.
Step 1: Go back to the document that you lined up in the queue for printing when the problem arose.
Step 2: Click File and then choose Print once again.
Step 3: Choose your printer and then select printer properties or properties.
Step 4: Now, select the Quality/Paper tab.
Step 5: Go to the Drop-down menu of the paper size and choose the paper size that perfectly matches the size of the paper that you are using. For instance, you have loaded legal paper in the input tray of your printer, then choose legal.
Step 6: After that, go to the media drop-down list, select the type of paper, which perfectly matches the size of the paper in the printer machine.
Step 7: Click on Ok and click on it once again for applying the changes.
Step 8: Now, go to the print dialog box and then click on Ok or Print.
If the issue gets resolved, then great but if not then try fixing the issue by using the next solution.
Method 3: Clean the Rollers Where You Feed Paper
Dirt, dust, fiber may get collected on the paper feed roller which can further lead to paper feed issues and that can further lead to the problem of HP Envy 5055 printer says out of paper. Mentioned-below are the steps that you need to carry out in order to clean the paper feed rollers.
Step 1: Collect Materials to Clean the Rollers
Mentioned-below are the materials that you need to gather for cleaning up the rollers.
- Lint-free and clean cotton swabs
- Any cloth, lint-free and clean, which does not leave fibers.
- Bottled, filtered, or distilled water
Step 2: Clean the Feed Rollers of Paper
The feed rollers must be in proper working condition and clean for feeding the sheets. This is necessary to get rid of the problem of HP Envy says out of paper.
- Turn your printer off by pressing the power button in case it is not already turned off.
- Disconnect the power wire from the side of the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Search for the paper path cover in the area that is placed behind the ink cartridge access area.
- For taking out the paper path cover, bring the two tabs together and then try to lift it.
- Dip the cotton swab in water and squeeze out any water that is still remaining in the cotton swab.
- Press your cotton swabs against the rollers inside your HP Envy printer and then rotate the rollers in the upward direction using your fingers. Put a moderate amount of pressure for getting rid of any dirt or dust.
- Wait for the rollers to get dry in 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take a good look at the rollers placed beneath the paper path cover. Please ensure that the rollers aren’t missing and are turning easily without any problem and it gets springy when you press them. In case the rollers get damaged, then replace them with a new one.
- Take out the paper path covers and then replace them with spring-loaded tabs keeping their face towards the front of the printer. Put the cover down at the right and left edges. Don’t leave it until the cover clicks into the right place.
- Shut the cartridge access door.
- Press on OK for clearing any messages on the control panel of your HP Envy printer.
- After that, try to print a status report to ensure that the hardware is working in a proper manner.
So, these are the methods that you can try out to deal with the issue of HP Envy says out of paper.
Is the control panel of your HP Envy 5642 printer displaying an “Out of paper message”? If yes, then there is nothing to be apprehensive about as here we are available with different solutions that you can apply to fix this problem. Whenever this error message occurs, the printer machine makes noise as if the printing job is getting done but actually the paper does not move from its original position.
hp envy 5055 says out of paper, hp officejet 5255 says out of paper