Connect Samsung Xpress Printer to Wifi:
Connect the Printer to your Wi-Fi Modem:
Tip: For optimum performance, place your printer in close proximity to the Wifi modem and in line of sight.
If your Printer is equipped with a screen:
- On the screen of the printer, locate ‘Settings’ and open ‘Network Connection’ or ‘Network Settings’
- After you select ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ or ‘Network Setup’, the printer will automatically try to connect with a network.
- After choosing your Wifi network name (SSID), and entering your password located on the backside of your modem, or on a card or booklet in your Internet start-up kit.
Utilizing Wi-FI Protected Setup (WPS):
Some printers impart you with the option to establish connection without typing in a network password, through WPS.
After pressing the WPS button on the modem for a couple of seconds. This will lead to the lights located on front of the modem to change when your printer is successfully connected to it.
Utilizing Wireless Direct
Some latest printers can establish connection directly to your computer without the requirement of your modem:
- Choose Wireless or Wi-Fi Direct located on the printer
- Now choose the ‘Wireless’ symbol on the device with which you want to establish connection with.
- Select the printer from the array of networks, then type-in the password for the printer. (it’s Wi-Fi Protected so you can still retain your privacy.)
If your printer doesn’t comprise of a screen:
You can utilize Wi-Fi Protected Setup or the printer's setup wizard software.
Utilizing Wi-Fi Protected Setup;
- Just tap & hold the WPS button on your printer, till the lights on your modem change.
Utilize Setup wizard:
- Establish the connection of the printer to your computer with the USB cable provided
- Download the printer software on the computer by utilizing the CD provided. Or install the printer software through the internet.
- After opening the setup wizard, adhere to the prompts and choose the option ‘Connect via Wi-Fi’.
- Type in your Wi-Fi network name and password, and complete set-up
- Now remove the USB cable from the printer to and connect it to the computer.
Confirm your connection
Whatever setup process you have utilized, you’ll be required to confirm the connection now before you can perform the function of printing.
- Move to your computer's network settings
- In ‘Wi-Fi devices’, choose ‘verify the printer’.
2. Install the printer on your device
Once the connection is established between your printer and your home network, you are required to ‘add’ the printer on your computer or on any device equipped with good printing capacity.
If you’re Windows:
- After navigating to Start Menu, choose ‘Settings’ or ‘Control Panel’ which depends on your version of Windows.
- Choose ‘Devices’ or ‘Devices and Printers’
- Choose ‘Add a Printer’. Windows will now verify for printers and show them
- Choose your printer and select ‘Next’.
- If your printer isn’t there, choose ‘The printer that I want isn't listed’ and adhere to the prompts.
- Now print a test page to confirm that it functions.
If you’re MacOS:
- After opening the Apple menu, choose ‘System Preferences’
- Choose ‘Print & Scan’
- Select the (+) button in the bottom left corner of the Print & Scan window
- Choose the printer and tap on ‘Add’ option.
- Now after printing a test page, confirm whether it works or not.
What if I still can’t print?
If your printer is not performing the print function, it’s maybe because the printer is not connected to the modem, or the printer is not being detected by your computer:
- Configure your computer’s network settings to observe if you can ‘see’ the printer
- If you can't view the printer, restart both the modem and the printer
- After the restart, verify if your computer is able to ‘see’ the printer
- If you’re still facing problems, check your computer or printer Help files.